German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had no idea where to put this, but I figured this is as good a place as any. Feel free to move it if needed.

My city’s K9, Apollo, came down with bloat yesterday. Was rushed to emergency surgery 50 miles away. He is stable, but still critical in ICU.

If you pray, he could use them!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
From the pictures he looks pretty good in the ICU. (sending healing energy)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the pictures he looks pretty good in the ICU. (sending healing energy)
That was my thought too. His handler said that Apollo was excited to see him and wagged his tail, but couldn't get up. When he sat down, he said Apollo started sniffing/nosing his "reward pocket" to see what he brought him. So, cognitively, he appears to be doing great.

I'm sure he is listed as critical because of the chance that the surgery isn't successful.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This naso gastric tube in the picture- is it to suction? What is the purpose of this tube?

Someone must be there all the time like an ICU nurse, watching over those IV lines.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This naso gastric tube in the picture- is it to suction? What is the purpose of this tube?

Someone must be there all the time like an ICU nurse, watching over those IV lines.

I have no idea. I’m getting updates through Facebook so I don’t know all of the details. But I know that he is at an actual animal hospital that has an ICU. So I would assume that he is being monitored 24/7.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: During surgery, they removed his spleen and a portion of his stomach that were damaged by the bloat. They couldn't remove everything as part of the damaged area was attached to an artery and would have been fatal to remove. He is stable and they are allowing him to come home to enjoy his retirement, however long that may be.

The doctor said that the damaged area of his stomach could still prove deadly for him, so continued prayer would still be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
So glad Apollo came through his surgery. sending prayers for his continued recovery/

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
THANK YOU for your service Apollo! :wub: I'm sure that there are many that are indebted to you.

So happy you are doing better!

Moms :smile2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts