German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Chimo was an American select Champion whose breeder was very conscientious about soundness. Chimo was OFA'd hips & elbows as well as having practically every other health certification available..

Winning Way's Chimo
SEL CAN & AM CH Winning Ways Chimo - German Shepherd Dog

Comments on Chimo by the breeder ofChimo's dam are here
http://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...merican-show-lines-breeders-bloodlines-7.html

Caralon was the kennel name of Helen "Scootie" Sherlock, who was instrumental in creating the OFA. Mari-Fiori and Caralon produced a number of high-quality blacks.
The dam of BoldRuler is here
Mari-Fiori's Ruffan of Judeen

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
PM me with any questions. I'm not sure that most of what I know should be posted here.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
PM me with any questions. I'm not sure that most of what I know should be posted here.
Post it anyway, for the terminally curious. :) As long as you simply state the facts, it's not libelous. I am not sure if stating facts would be seen as "bashing" by the moderators.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Probably, as the sire of the dog is from Canada and Carmen used to breed and show Am/Can show lines.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I see a lot of Sundance in there. I like his son Black Jack.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I like Sundance Kid -- he was smart and long lived. My dogs have Sundance Kid heavily in their pedigrees.

·
Registered
31,953 Posts
I would ask Carmen, there are a lot of well-known dogs back there and a bit of German show I think. I like Zinfendel, Don Quixote, Rosemary, and some others. Lance is in there but I would be shocked if he was not. I give it two extra points for NOT having Kinsmet's Sight for Sore Eyes (Dallas).

Several ROM bitches and dogs. It is an interesting mix.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
twice today , this thread and another - I have written long and detailed posts , the whys and wherefores . I have taken about an hour , interrupted by pups with needs , phone calls etc. When I go to submit I am told I am no longer logged in , I need to refresh and resend --- then nothing happens just blank.
All my codes on the left are set on "on" , I did log in .

I don't have the time to keep doing this - how do I log on and stay logged on.

Carmen

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I don't have the time to keep doing this - how do I log on and stay logged on.

Carmen
No idea, it happens to me too sometimes. As soon as you finish typing something highlight and copy it, so if you're logged off you can log back on and still have the info to paste into your reply.

You can also type a response in Notepad, copy, and then paste to the thread you're replaying to once you log in.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I like Sundance Kid -- he was smart and long lived. My dogs have Sundance Kid heavily in their pedigrees.
Mine does too. On Sire's side (heavy on Color Guard) and on Dam's side through Black Jack.

Apologies to OP for going off on a tangent.

·
Registered
31,953 Posts
Him?
Kismet's Sight For Sore Eyes

Why are you happy not to see him in the pedigree?
Yes, Dallas, I think he was a good dog. He had a herding championship as well as his show accomplishments. But I think it is hard to get a good ASL pedigree nowadays where he is not prominant, often line bred on. Kind of the Lance of yesterday. or Uran in the GSL.

I am not a Geneva fan, Dallas daughter, but I am sure he has had better progeny. It is just that I think we breed too heavily on one dog and it is hard to get away from him.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Sundance Kid.....was inbred 2-2 on Dopple-tays Hawkeye,(who definitely had marginal temperament at best), Hawkeye was inbred 2-3 on Lance. Mix in there, in Kitty's pedigree, Korporal of Waldesruh, who was an outright spook(I met the dog, not hearsay), and you have the foundation for many dogs in current ASL pedigrees.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
there was a huge scandal/controversy about andretti semen being replaced after andretti became sterile. dna testing (when it became available) proved some offspring of andretti actually were not. all a matter of public record...google and you'll find it.

as well as the temperment problems, many people felt that all the lance and hawkeye inbreedings introduced epilepsy to the breed.

i too saw most of these dogs personally...except the carmspack dogs which i know nothing about except that she has a good reputation amongst people here on the board who i respect.

sad fact of the matter is that it's very, very difficult to find a healthy/sound american show lines shepherd these days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts