German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bleu walks great on leash and ignores all people and dogs after two years of training with treats. Now we are working on ignoring the 324 squirrels that live along the three mile loop at the local park. She did great yesterday, only two slices of bologna and one meltdown. And I have to admit that the one squirrel she did dive after was particularly cheeky. ;-)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Beautiful dog. :) Mine has the same issue and she likes to chase after birds too. Mostly she just does this in the back yard at home, shes okay with them when we are out walking but she will tare off after them if they are in HER yard. They know it too so they will walk along the back fence and its to tall for her to be able to reach them so she just runs along the ground following them where ever they go. They will set up there and yell at her.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
217 Posts
My family's last GSD, Jenna, would go crazy when ever she saw them in our backyard. We use to joke that since she had long hair and would curl her tail over her back, that the squirrels that she was big one of them. However, Jenna would completely ignore them on walks. Our latest GSD, Gypsy, is still learning to ignore cats, birds, other dogs and squirrels on walks, then again she is just a one year old, too.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Gorgeous dog and great pic! I have one whose squirrel obsessed and one who couldn't care less. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
What a pretty girl!!!

Nita just about took an arm off the first time she set off after a squirrel! She is much better now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts