German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i sat down to eat an apple earlier and suddenly found myself surrounded by dogs.... heres some pictures....

This first one is crazy because you can SEE how big Shasta has gotten. She's almost 8 months old and she's the same height, almost the same weight as Shelby who is a year and a half old....

Part of Shasta and Riley hanging back trying to be patient

Shelby waiting for another piece

Shelby decided a few minutes later they needed a whole apple to themselves so she jumped up on the stand alone freezer and stole one out of the bag....

Heres Shasta with her crazy yummy apple eyes....

My cat Titan wanted to know what all the fuss was about....

I guess my lesson for the day was to buy enough apples to share with the dogs too.... They're such weirdos sometimes. Glad i didnt buy any bananas! i dont think i would have gotten ANY of those. They thoroughly enjoyed their apple. lol. Anyone else have apple or banana fiends?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and dont worry. they didnt get the core. They ate what they were allowed and the core got tossed outside in the dumpster so i didnt have trash divers in the house.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Molly and dodger love bananas. I gave them green beans tonight for the first time with their dinner and they loved them, chopper not so much. They also got some apple today for the first time too. Chopper wouldn't eat it which I kinda figured since he's a picky eater Molly and dodger loved it though. They also like carrots, chopper wouldn't eat his so Molly ate it haha.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Molly and dodger love bananas. I gave them green beans tonight for the first time with their dinner and they loved them, chopper not so much. They also got some apple today for the first time too. Chopper wouldn't eat it which I kinda figured since he's a picky eater Molly and dodger loved it though. They also like carrots, chopper wouldn't eat his so Molly ate it haha.

Riley is our REALLY picky eater. Shelby just loves fruits. I have no doubt she'd live off fruit if she could. Shasta isnt a picky eater. She loves just about everything so i'm surprised she doesnt weigh a ton! I was surprised to see Riley interested in the apple and enjoying it. He's always been a kibble and milkbones kinda dog so when he's interested in something else, its surprising. Though he's all for raw eggs and raw chicken. They enjoy carrots as well and will probably get some carrots in their breakfast in the morning. Pretty sure Shasta is the one who stole my frozen green beans off the counter the other day so may start buying those in bulk too as treats.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Riley is our REALLY picky eater. Shelby just loves fruits. I have no doubt she'd live off fruit if she could. Shasta isnt a picky eater. She loves just about everything so i'm surprised she doesnt weigh a ton! I was surprised to see Riley interested in the apple and enjoying it. He's always been a kibble and milkbones kinda dog so when he's interested in something else, its surprising. Though he's all for raw eggs and raw chicken. They enjoy carrots as well and will probably get some carrots in their breakfast in the morning. Pretty sure Shasta is the one who stole my frozen green beans off the counter the other day so may start buying those in bulk too as treats.
Lol. I just made a green bean and kibble kong treat for Molly and dodger. sitting in the freezer freezing as we speak.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I just made a green bean and kibble kong treat for Molly and dodger. sitting in the freezer freezing as we speak.

I dont even know what Shasta did with her kong! for all i know she managed to stuff it under the couch and i just havent checked yet so wouldnt know it was there or she stuffed it in a shoe that we dont wear often lol. I think i am gonna go cut up some carrots so i dont have to do it in the morning.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I dont even know what Shasta did with her kong! for all i know she managed to stuff it under the couch and i just havent checked yet so wouldnt know it was there or she stuffed it in a shoe that we dont wear often lol. I think i am gonna go cut up some carrots so i dont have to do it in the morning.
Lol. Dodge has shoved his and mollys under my chair several times. My mom almost bought Molly another kong because we couldn't find hers. I found hers shoved under the chair the only place my mom didn't look now that's the first place we look.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. Dodge has shoved his and mollys under my chair several times. My mom almost bought Molly another kong because we couldn't find hers. I found hers shoved under the chair the only place my mom didn't look now that's the first place we look.

sounds about right.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My Shasta likes apples, too. When I was making an apple pie for Thanksgiving, she begged so many apples, I was afraid I wouldn't have enough left for the pie. She also likes oranges. But her favorite fruit by far is bananas.

I love that first picture of Shasta with the crazy apple eyes...look at the little human feet sticking out below!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Shasta likes apples, too. When I was making an apple pie for Thanksgiving, she begged so many apples, I was afraid I wouldn't have enough left for the pie. She also likes oranges. But her favorite fruit by far is bananas.

I love that first picture of Shasta with the crazy apple eyes...look at the little human feet sticking out below!

haha yeah they were very excited about the apple so i chopped one up and mixed it with their kibble at dinner. they were ecstatic! i thought Riley would going to wag himself into a heart attack. Havent tested oranges yet. I dont buy oranges often and when i do its usually the already sliced and in syrup mandarin oranges and i'm greedy with those! lol. I just couldnt believe it. The second i bit into the apple, POOF! they were there. It was pretty funny. Wish i'd been able to get a picture of Shelby stealing the apple out of the bag.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Love those pictures! Max is not a fan of apples but loves carrots.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love those pictures! Max is not a fan of apples but loves carrots.

thanks! Zena was a major carrot fiend. Dunno if my inlaws give her carrots since she's been with them. Riley pushes the carrots around but will inhale apple slices like a kid with candy. Its hilarious. i may start mixing in some apple pieces with their dinner once a week as a treat. haha does max dance around for carrots?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I love the eye pictures! Hilarious!

Panzer LOVES sweet red peppers and I'm always happy when they're on sale so I can share slices with him. He also knows the sound of my spoon hitting the bottom of the plain yogurt containers. I buy the quarts and he gets to lick them out when they're empty. He'll come running from another room when he hears the sound of an empty container. :D

·
Registered
4,782 Posts

Panzer LOVES sweet red peppers and I'm always happy when they're on sale so I can share slices with him. He also knows the sound of my spoon hitting the bottom of the plain yogurt containers. I buy the quarts and he gets to lick them out when they're empty. He'll come running from another room when he hears the sound of an empty container. :D
I should try yogurt with Dodger I bet he'd like it. My friend coats her dogs food in yogurt then stuffs a kong, freezes it, then give it to him he loves it!!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
and dont worry. they didnt get the core. They ate what they were allowed and the core got tossed outside in the dumpster so i didnt have trash divers in the house.
That's all my dogs get, THE CORE! Pear or apples, they drool the entire time I'm eating cause they know they get the core!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
thanks! Zena was a major carrot fiend. Dunno if my inlaws give her carrots since she's been with them. Riley pushes the carrots around but will inhale apple slices like a kid with candy. Its hilarious. i may start mixing in some apple pieces with their dinner once a week as a treat. haha does max dance around for carrots?
Lol, Max dances for his dinner but not so much for treats. Maybe its because he has been taught to sit so he does not dare do anything else least he does not get his treat. I am not sure which he loves more, food or his ball :wild:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's all my dogs get, THE CORE! Pear or apples, they drool the entire time I'm eating cause they know they get the core!

haha Shelby was drooling. She may as well have been a mastiff breed with as much as she was drooling. I'm not comfy giving them the core because if they bite into the seeds it can cause a potential health problem but i seriously think i'll take the seeds out and just give them the core next time. they were just too funny.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phenix also love apples! We stopped buying treats lol!
I havent bought any actual treats in months. I used to buy a big huge box of milk bones because they LOVE them but we were going through them too fast so now they basically get leftovers and apples lol. You should see the dogs hovering over the kids when they have apple slices or a banana. Its pretty funny.

my cat Faith will literally follow me around when i have yogurt because she knows i'll share. The dogs then proceed to chase the container all around the house trying to get every last bit of yogurt out that Faith missed. I'll have to get a video next time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts