German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--- On Thu, 8/14/08, Ward, Sheila J <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: BEAUTIFUL GS LIVING ALONG SIDE HWY IN THOMASTON, GA. WE CAN GET HER IF WE CAN FIND A RESCUE!!! HURRY PLEASE!

Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 8:32 AM

PLEASE CROSS POST AND THANKS! CONTACT IS MELANIE: [email protected] yahoo.com

THIS BABY IS LIVING ON THE SIDE OF LOCAL HWY IN THOMASTON, GEORGIA!!!!! WE NOW HAVE PICTURES OF THIS DOG!!!! SHE HAS BEEN LIVING OUTSIDE ALONG SIDE A HWY IN THOMASTON. PLEASE HELP HER IF YOU HAVE ROOM!!!!! SHE LOOKS TO BE PURE GS! WE CAN GET HER IF A RESCUE HAS ROOM FOR THIS BEAUTY.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
How sad

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Somebody did a beautiful job with these photos. Look at those muscles on her! BTW, is her belly a bit round?

She's intriguing. Full of mystery as to where she's been and what she's been up to. I'll bet she's got a lot to talk about. Gorgeous girl.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
she could have been dumped...and is waiting in the area she was left

In any event...she can be hit by a car!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pictures of the little girl! See what you think. I spent about an hour out there with her again. She is SO sweet. She has a wonderful disposition, is very gentle and not food aggressive in the least. She is so happy to be loved and just appreciates any attention she can get. She's even licking my face now. She would make someone a wonderful little girl.Thank you so much for trying to help me with her. I hope we can find her a good home.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
For some reason this girl is tugging at me. My mom lives in Loganville, GA less than 100 miles from were she is at . I will talk with her and see if she would be willing to temp foster this girl just to get her into a safe place while we find a rescue for her.

My mother has a 6 foot privacy fence and an igloo dog house. I don't know if she will allow her to stay inside with her other dog while she is at work, but this would be better than her running down the highway.

If anyone knows of a better option please let me know.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Jazy's mom- thank you!! Please let me know if your mom will take her, I would like to send a "goodie basket" for this girl!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Ok, talked with my mom and she said that this girl can crash at her house until we can find a rescue to take her. The only problem is that my mom is having Lasik surgery tomorrow and can't drive to go get this girl this weekend. If we can get transport from Thomaston, GA to Loganville, GA (around 90 miles, 2 hours) she will have a safe place to sleep.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yes, I sent an email to Melanie and the other person listed as a contact on the email.

I also started a thread in the transport section.

Fingers and toes crossed that we can get her moved this weekend.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Thank you!! And let me know where to send that basket!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I am not taking her in. We still need a rescue to step up for her. My mom can give her a safe place to stay until a foster home open ups.

My mom's house is better than the side of the highway. I love my mom to death, but she does not understand the needs of a GSD. She has always had little to medium size dogs and she does not understand the concept of being alpha. Her dogs beg for food, she feeds them people food while she is eating (hence the begging) and she has never done any real training with them other than housebreaking. She buys what ever dog food is on sale at the grocery store no matter how many times I have explained to her that the reason her dogs has the runs is because she keeps giving him people food and changing his dog food every other month.

This girl will have a safe, dry place to sleep. She will have a fenced in yard to play in and she will be spoiled rotten, but she will still need a foster home.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Did she get picked up yet? I hope she's safe now! I keep remembering that little guy in Southern California that was hanging around a neighborhood for the longest time and then disappeared. (I think he was rescued, but never knew for sure.)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts