German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys should already know, I have reserved a puppy from this female: Connie

However, another thing you guys should already know is that I perfer a black and tan GSD. The breeder has another female, Tigress's Homepage , Tigress, who will be bred in my timeline.

Tigress is black and tan and looking at her past puppies, they're very cute and black and tan. So, I'm thinking about switching my reserve to Tigress.

Here's the problem.

Tigress puppies have more drive than Connie's and also her puppies tend to be more dominant. I keep telling myself to stick with Connie because a Connie puppy seems to suit a first time GSD owner better. BUT, the breeder did say both Tigress and Connie produce puppies that would suit me.

So, the pros of going with Tigress are:
1. I get the color I want
2. Her hips are excellent, top 1%!

The cons:
1. More energy= more excercise. (I'm not used to giving more than 3 walks, hour at a time, a day)
2. I've dealt with dominant dogs before, or so I think, so would I be able to handle a potential dominant GSD?

What do you guys think I should do and why?

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GSDAlpha, I didn't think of that but I'm pretty sure she is.

GSDElsa, Connie was just bred recently in October. So yes you're right, but I assumed her puppies less stuff than Tigress because Connie has an on and off switch plus the breeder said that Tigress puppies tend to have more drives and be more dominant.

Paddy, She hasn't choosen a sire yet, but she said the sire will most likely be similar to Connie as far as the lines. Not sure if she said he'll be the same color.

Jax, yes, if Connie doesn't produce a suitable puppy she will switch my reserve to Tigress. We already talked about that. I think Connie was recently bred to Wasko. It's on the breeder's site Connie came from, Long Haus.

I appreciate you guys feedback and will try to get in touch with Sherle tomorrow. Thank you!

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is the dog that Connie was just bred to the litter you're going to be getting or are you lined up to get something from her second litter?
I'm lined up to get a female puppy from her second litter.

I dunno why I assumed that, I just did. I mean, I figured "If the mother has an on and off switch, then maybe her puppies will". Then the breeder stated she would breed Connie to a male similar, so I said to myself "Mother with on and off switch + Father who is similar = puppies that are a combination of mother and father."

I think I'll just stick with Connie.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay. I know what I'll do. I'll come up with as many questions I can about both females, write them down, and ask her. We'll see how it goes and if you guys want, I'll update you whether or not I get my reserve switched to Tigress or not.

Once again, thank you guys for the inputs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.