German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,121 Posts
Well, first off, just because one individual dog has excellent hips does not mean it's necessarily something that is common in the lines or something she is consistently passing onto her offspring. Yes, it certainly ups the odds in her favor, but you need to look at the entire picture. I see quite a few fair ratings in her pedigree and she's line bred with Aron a few generations back that I believe is mild HD (if I remember correctly noch zugelassen is mild).

I'm a little confused about how you know about the puppies that Connie has produced? I get the impression that the breeder just acquired her in June? Was she previously bred?

I personally don't think I would make a decision until you know what stud is going to be used and how he might bring out the good and bad qualities in each female. And I would also say don't plan on getting a puppy from either female unless you are certain you are getting the right fit.

· Registered
4,121 Posts
GSDElsa, Connie was just bred recently in October. So yes you're right, but I assumed her puppies less stuff than Tigress because Connie has an on and off switch plus the breeder said that Tigress puppies tend to have more drives and be more dominant.
Well why would you make an assumption on Connie's offspring if she's never been bred before? An on and off switch has nothing to do with "less stuff" in my opinion. If Tigress DOESN'T have an off on switch and is producing puppies that don't, that would be a major concern to me..and it has nothing to do with "more drives." More drive has nothing to do with not having and on and off switch. The dog that just won worlds should, in the ideal GSD, be able to be equally as chill in the house as much as they "bring it" on the field. The "on and off switch" is something that in non-negotiable to me.

So is the dog that Connie was just bred to the litter you're going to be getting or are you lined up to get something from her second litter?

· Registered
4,121 Posts
I would talk more in detail with your breeder. I would hope that both females have an on/off switch, can be good housedogs, and are a pleasure to be around....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.