German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beau was working an unknown problem last night (3 hides in a building) and I gave him a light reward after each hide with a rousing game of tug after the last one. We use the ball on the string anyway......

When I reward, we make the toy "come from source" and he intiates the tug came with me when he gets it.

After I quit tugging and let him win, he runs to the next person and THEY tug with him till they get tired and let him win, then he goes to the third person and does the same thing.

It is getting to be a pattern with him to "share the joy" with anyone who will tug. He finally gets to carry it back to the car.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Daww I can just see Beau going up to people to initiate a tug session! That seriously is a CUTE story!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
to funny, it sounds like he's going around saying "HEY I FOUND IT FOUND IT!"..showing off like only a male can do:))

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
What a cute story ... and yes, he's showing off ... as he should!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He definitely is not showing any "suspicion" though he is still young. He is not interested in petting but will play with anyone and everyone. Good for my purposes though I am not clear on how breed specific/appropriate that is. He does bark when folks come near my house but is so used to people being around the crate in the truck that he just chills there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts