German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'll sign the petition for all the good it will do. There have many petitions trying to stop this incomprehensible torture, but it just keeps going on and on.

Its a sick planet we live on.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I'll gladly sign not that it will do much good - I hate to say it but I can't think of one good thing that comes out of China. If it isn't made in the US I usually don't buy it.

I doubt very much that the Chinese give a **** about our opinions. Too bad we manage to throw them so much support by way of purchasing their products.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
The more I know, the more I HATE the people of China. I realize this makes me very prejudice but so be it. I am so f'n sick of their barbaric ways, you can imagine for yourself what I really think the US should do to their entire country.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I remember a handout given by the Cobb County Humane Society years ago that showed the family dog being taken on a picnic, strung up to a tree, hung until dead, and then bbq'ed. I believe it was in Korea.
I have no idea if that is normal or not but it has haunted me since I saw it.
My husband is involved in Japanese karate. The founder of his style battled a tiger to death.... but it was more like a bullfight in that the tiger never had a chance.
Again, I don't know if these kind of things are the norm, but if so I have a very hard time showing cultural understanding:(

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I signed the petition.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
they did this story on dateline a few yrs ago--I still have the images stuck in my head & I really don't want to watch it again

and you'd think that if they're hitting them in the head they'd do it alot harder so as to atleast knock the animal unconcious!!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not watch the whole thing either. Does not take long to get the idea.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
All it took for me was to see the picture of the dogs head on the cover page. (I think it was a dog) and that was enough. I can't fathom how much pain those poor souls are made to suffer.

Is there a link to the petition someone could post here?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Originally Posted By: shilohsmomThe more I know, the more I HATE the people of China. I realize this makes me very prejudice but so be it. I am so f'n sick of their barbaric ways, you can imagine for yourself what I really think the US should do to their entire country.
I understand why you are saying what you said but still....

If picutures were posting of dog fighting training/aftermath in Europe with a petition I would hate for people to think that I supported it just because it is prevalent in my country.

·
Registered
279 Posts
There are so many cultural differences in our world. In Korean culture they eat dogs. The preferred method of killing is a horrible death. They contend that the adrenaline makes the meat tastier.

There are those who say, "Who are we to pass judgment on other cultures?" Well, I say, "Wrong is wrong. And torturing animals is just wrong."

Brings to mind the old joke running around during the Seoul Olympics.

What do you call a Korean with 3 dogs?
A rancher.

·
Registered
279 Posts
"The more I know, the more I HATE the people of China. I realize this makes me very prejudice but so be it. I am so f'n sick of their barbaric ways, you can imagine for yourself what I really think the US should do to their entire country."

Hmmmmm.
We used to have a saying during the Viet Nam war.

"Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out."

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I didn't watch the video, but I know that the dog fur trade is legal in China and have seen other websites about it and the dogs for food in Korea also -

I wonder if the people of Korea think we're barbaric for slaughtering cows, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, squirrels, and rabbits for food?? I'm in no way condoning the killing and eating of dogs or using dog fur in clothing, but if dog is as common a food in Korea as cow is here.......

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I've always thought I could easily become a vegetarian - for the amount of meat that I eat, I might as well be - now I'm convinced! I can't eat pork because of the number of times I've been behind a truck carrying a load of pigs and they have their noses and ears sticking out of the holes and I swear they're staring at me begging to help them!!
And in medical school we had to practice our surgical skills on a live anesthetized baby pig - it was awful (the pig was euthanized when we were done)
Thankfully the medical school is no longer doing this. It could have been worse - they used to use DOGS.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i couldn't watch the video, i'm sure they think the same of us, but to do what they do and the way, just turns my stomach..

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally Posted By: raysmomI didn't watch the video, but I know that the dog fur trade is legal in China and have seen other websites about it and the dogs for food in Korea also -

I wonder if the people of Korea think we're barbaric for slaughtering cows, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, squirrels, and rabbits for food?? I'm in no way condoning the killing and eating of dogs or using dog fur in clothing, but if dog is as common a food in Korea as cow is here.......
YES and think about this... in india the cow is SACRED! we are slaughtering their "honored" member of society!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ive skinned many of animals, to me a cow, horse, chicken, dog, cat can be used as food, granted its not our way, but, what i have a problem with is that statement of its easier to skin a live animal than a carcass is a lie used make his torture of the animals right in his eyes. I'd love for the US to be completly done with the chinese.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts