German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 8 month old in for an x ray today because she's been doing funny things with her hips. The vet feels it's soft tissue damage probably because the silly girl believes in major zooms that include jumps and turns that should really not be possible. Anyways....I took a picture of the x ray. I know it's terrible, but one dog person I know mentioned something about her knee joints showing that her joints might be quite lax?

I'm going to get her pennhipped when she's spayed...but for now I'm curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I took my 8 month old in for an x ray today because she's been doing funny things with her hips. The vet feels it's soft tissue damage probably because the silly girl believes in major zooms that include jumps and turns that should really not be possible. Anyways....I took a picture of the x ray. I know it's terrible, but one dog person I know mentioned something about her knee joints showing that her joints might be quite lax?

I'm going to get her pennhipped when she's spayed...but for now I'm curious.
I've had different people tell me that you should wait until after she is two years old to spay her if you have doubts about her hips. To a degree they may tighten up as her hormones kick in. That's also the advice I got from a breeder for a female I had years ago.

Susan

·
Registered
352 Posts
Pic is terrible as far as contrast and it's too small to tell much of anything other than they certainly don't look like they ought to be causing any soundness issues, especially at her age.

PLEASE do not spay this girl until at LEAST 2 years old, if you simply must spay her.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pic is terrible as far as contrast and it's too small to tell much of anything other than they certainly don't look like they ought to be causing any soundness issues, especially at her age.

PLEASE do not spay this girl until at LEAST 2 years old, if you simply must spay her.
She's a rescue and I am at the mercy of the rescue when they decide to spay her, but lucky for me they don't believe in spaying really early so it definitely won't be happening for at least another 6-8 months. I know it's a terrible pic...sorry about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts