German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sam is going in to get Spayed tomorrow. This is a good thing I know but I am kind of nervous. The fixing thing isn't new to me since I have cats but it always makes me nervous. I always worry when my pets go under the knife and I won't see them for a day afterwards
. I am sure she will do fine, I just hope she doesn't think that I am leaving her there forever. When my family rescued her, she was at a vets office in a small kennel after being picked up as a stray three weeks prior. I just had to vent, I love this site. I spend so much time here. I am going to get going now, time to take away the dogs food and water and get ready for bed. Take care everyone!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
She'll be fine. I know its hard but your doing the right thing for her. Not only will she not be reproducing but your eliminating any future chances of certain cancers and other issues.
She knows she has a family that loves her dearly, that will help her as she awaits your return.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
You'll be surprised at how quickly she will get over it. You are doing the right and responsible thing.

I know it helps to just put your worries and concerns out there to share.

I didn't know if my rescue had been spayed or not, and the vet said the only way to tell 100% is to open her up and see.

Well I hated the idea of my girl going under the knife if it wasn't neccessary, but I hated the idea of an accidental litter even more. Turned out she wasn't spayed, so I'm glad I went for it.

Good luck to you and Sam!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. It appears that my big princess is already spayed! YEAH!!! The vets office called me yesterday after they started prepping her for surgery and said that they located a scar and it appears that the deed has already been done. All she got were a couple of shots yesterday and she got to come home and boy was she glad to see me and my son when we went and picked her up. They did say that she is a little underweight though, she needs to gain about five - ten pounds more. They also estimated her age at around 18 months. This first time GSD Mom sure appreciated the good vibes and words of encouragement. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
From one first time gsd mom to another, good luck with Sam. Glad she didn't have to go thru with surgery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts