German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I realized why my dog was peeing under sheer excitement. When my dog is let loose (concrete) he holds his urine as much as he can until he pees them all out, which is bad in my opinion.

I always take him out for walks and he just doesn't pee or poop on the concrete outside either! I don't have close access to grass or dirt, but I would like him to do it outside and it is just killing me, because everyday I clean the floor whenever I try to feed him or play with him.

Any suggestions on how he could just do it naturally? By the way he has peed once outside and I'm pretty sure the urine smell is still there, so he does recognize it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you only have concrete around your house, is there any way you could buy a few pieces of sod (patches of grass already growing in dirt)? Perhaps you could "build" a designated potty area by putting down sod patches? Of course, it's something you'll have to replace regularly and I'm not sure how much sod patches cost, but that would be one way to bring grassy spots into an otherwise strictly concrete area.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
My friend would give treats to her pup when the pup did it's business where she wanted him to. Other than treat training, I don't know what to say, but there are dogs that live their whole lives in cities like New York where it's all pavement, they must learn eventually.

To keep from getting angry when my puppy had accidents in the house, I would tell myself, "the pup is giving me the opportunity to clean my kitchen floor - I have clean floors everyday, yeah!"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a clean house lmao, thanks to my dog! And well I'm still exploring if I can find dirt! Poor thing has a bladder of steel he is always holding it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts