German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using that little psychic woman's voice from the Poltergeist movie for the title :laugh:

I couldn't get him to be still so I had him get into his bed first (he probably thinks I am a nut!)
The second one is right behind me here at the computer. Chance is always laying near me.
Groomer who also has GSD's said he was phenomenal. Not scared about anything, very nice to the other animals, and strangers who came in.
Whew! That's my boy! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Chance is one downright handsome boy! :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
he is looking NICE and POOFY! what a handsome boy:) (bet he smells better too!)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Those rounded ears are just so adorable, and the little white paws. Too cute. How could anyone hurt such a thing

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he is looking NICE and POOFY! what a handsome boy:) (bet he smells better too!)
He smells ALOT better!

Oh btw...she checked his ears because I told her how he has been scratching and rolling around in the snow.
When I picked him up she commented how surprised she was for a dog who had been outside for 2-3 years, and then a shelter the last 3 months, to have ears as clean as his were.
She said there was next to nothing inside of them.
Go figure...

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Looks like he's part teddy bear.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I'm glad everything went well in regard to other animals and strangers. That's a good sign.

·
Registered
485 Posts
He is so fluffy, I'm gonna die!! Sorry for the bad movie quote, but it is so true :D Glad to hear that his trip to the groomers went so smoothly!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad everything went well in regard to other animals and strangers. That's a good sign.
Me too!

The groomer went and handed him a treat, and without sounding too creepy here, I wish she would have asked me first.
Right now, everything I am giving him I know exactly what every ingredient is. he is not getting anything with grains, and if I do not know what something is under the ingredients list, I am not buying it.

However, I told myself to yank the pole out of my rearend since 1 crap ladened treat wasn't going to make his fur fall out and to just let him enjoy things from a stranger. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Easy Momma bear! I know it is hard not to be protective and with that face, who wouldn't be, especially after everything he has gone through. I used to be the same way with treat. Bought only the best. And best means expensive. Then I got my foster. My foster who would eat anything and everything if I let her and the expensive treats went by the wayside. It was just costing me too much. With double the food cost and now double the treat cost plus double the bathing cost (I take the girls to a doi-it yourself dog bath place) it was just too expensive. So yes they get cheaper treats now. And they do fine. I do splurge for bully sticks and pork femur bones though. Oh, and I can only buy kong or nyla bone toys now because otherwise Tessa takes about 10 minutes to completely murder and dismember any other type of toy and that is a total waste of money. So the occasional cheap treat won't hurt your guy.

He does look fabulous by the way! So handsome! And looks right at home already. And that is great that he did so well at the groomers. Looks like you have a very fine pup on your hand and it is amazing he has such an excellent temperment considering all that scumbag did to him.

I have been meaning to ask, do you know how old he is??

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Easy Momma bear! I know it is hard not to be protective and with that face, who wouldn't be, especially after everything he has gone through. I used to be the same way with treat. Bought only the best. And best means expensive. Then I got my foster. My foster who would eat anything and everything if I let her and the expensive treats went by the wayside. It was just costing me too much. With double the food cost and now double the treat cost plus double the bathing cost (I take the girls to a doi-it yourself dog bath place) it was just too expensive. So yes they get cheaper treats now. And they do fine. I do splurge for bully sticks and pork femur bones though. Oh, and I can only buy kong or nyla bone toys now because otherwise Tessa takes about 10 minutes to completely murder and dismember any other type of toy and that is a total waste of money. So the occasional cheap treat won't hurt your guy.

He does look fabulous by the way! So handsome! And looks right at home already. And that is great that he did so well at the groomers. Looks like you have a very fine pup on your hand and it is amazing he has such an excellent temperment considering all that scumbag did to him.

I have been meaning to ask, do you know how old he is??
He is between 2-3 yrs old. Has considerable tartar on his teeth, so when he is knocked out getting his little walnuts removed, they are going to clean his teeth as well.
yeah, speaking of cheap..take a sec and go read my new post about his eating issues?
I might as well buy dollar store stuff :smirk:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
PaddyD is right, he does look like a teddy bear!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I have read your post. I have been actually keeping up with all of your posts. I LOVE reading about you and Chance!!

People here may disagree with me but I think as long as you are feeding him a quality dog food then whatever you give him for treats are fine. They shouldn't be getting enough of them to impact their diet that much anyway.

Let me edit that to say as long as you aren't giving high sugar people foods or things like that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have read your post. I have been actually keeping up with all of your posts. I LOVE reading about you and Chance!!

People here may disagree with me but I think as long as you are feeding him a quality dog food then whatever you give him for treats are fine. They shouldn't be getting enough of them to impact their diet that much anyway.

Let me edit that to say as long as you aren't giving high sugar people foods or things like that.
Oh no, so Fruit Loops are a no-no? :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Chance looks so handsome! :D

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh he looks GREAT!!! I bet he feels soooo much better and of course so does your nose, lol.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Chance looks so happy and handsome to boot! I just love his ears. He certainly does seem to have corgi ears. You got two great breeds in one dog-awesome!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts