German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
The surgery stuff; WOW. OK Daisy got her nails painted once light sparkly pink. After that article never again . PS:I picked her up that way and her groomer had done it. If Wendy the groomer was able to do all the nails Daisy didnt mind.

·
Registered
738 Posts
omg the tiger freaked me out. i had to do a double take. as for the rest of it, whaaat are these people thinking? poor kitty with belly button rings through its ears and a tattooed cat? it's just crazy.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I don't like the tattoo thing at all. That's a lot of pain to ask your pet to go through when they can't consent, and it's not vital, or even helpful, to their health. The piercing stuff is just dangerous. It mentioned somewhere in the article that livestock had ear tags and that went ok. Well...as anyone who has livestock will tell you, that's not always the case. They can rip those out getting them caught on a fence, or whatever. I know how I feel whenever Sasha jumps on me and catches my belly button ring with her claws, OUCH! I can only imagine what it would be like to have her have facial piercings like that poor pug, and then watch her rip them out when she tries to scratch her face. Basically I don't think that we should force our dumb decisions on animals.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm not gonna lie...I love the nail polish and I think Shasta will hold still for it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Are all of those photos real? I followed the links to their sources and the source is a blog where the blogger wonders if they are real. Specifically the ones of the animals with intricate tattoos and piercings.

ANY person who would give their pet or tattoo/piercer would would do this should face a criminal penalty. I am not talking about necessary surgery (getting a dew claw removed because it was permanently damaged) or tattoos that are done very quickly for identification purposes.

Also, there is a place for dog boots- like if your dog has an injured foot, severe allergies, has to walk on hot concrete/sand, if you run with your dog on hard surfaces or if ice/snow/snow melt is hurting your dog's feet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts