German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
When you see dogs that come from registered stock, but aren't registered themselves, you wonder if their parents were bought with limited registration (some breeders sell with ltd registration unless/until the pup has titles, etc.). If these dogs are bred (shouldn't be), their pups cannot be registered.

·
Super Moderator
18,686 Posts
Do you know any that are good in the Cincinnati area just in case. My fiancee can't seem to make up his mind on where he wants to live and just in case we live here in Cincy still, I would like to put them through something. Also, the GSDs would have to go through basic and intermediate obedience correct? Do they sometimes combine such? Such as people who do the IPO/SchH also train in obedience and you work your way up through them until the dog is ready for the IPO/SchH?
We actually have people that drive up from that area to Indianapolis to train with us.

https://www.facebook.com/OG-Indianapolis-Schutzhund-und-Polizei-111207295608578/

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Do you know any that are good in the Cincinnati area just in case. My fiancee can't seem to make up his mind on where he wants to live and just in case we live here in Cincy still, I would like to put them through something. Also, the GSDs would have to go through basic and intermediate obedience correct? Do they sometimes combine such? Such as people who do the IPO/SchH also train in obedience and you work your way up through them until the dog is ready for the IPO/SchH?
IPO is obedience based...you lay down the foundation in all three phases when the pup is young. It is a long journey, and time consuming to get to the point of trialing(Not just the BH) and commitment level is huge. That said, not all dogs are cut out for it either. Best to get with a good club, find a mentor and in ten years, see if breeding is still something you are passionate about. By then, you'll know the type dog you want to produce.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
RainE you said "When I received my puppy, the father is a long haired blue shepherd mother smooth black and tan saddleback. "

do you have any names on your pups' sire side . I am so curious where the long haired blue would come from .

21 - 25 of 25 Posts