German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've decided on Van Meerhout German Shepherds in Hutto, TX. I talked to them for a long time today and they answered all of my questions and asked me even more. I like the fact that they're so particular about where their pups are going.

We're putting a deposit on this breeding:

SG Querlie von der Adelegg pedigree information - German shepherd dog

SG Keiko vom Räuber Hotzenplotz pedigree information - German shepherd dog

I've never been a huge fan of bi-colors before but that Keiko is a HUNK! :wub::wub:I:wub::wub:

Also, um, I forgot to ask the breeder. I know what SchH 1, TDI, and KkL1 mean, but what does the (C:99), RH1, (V) and STP3 after Querlie's name mean?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I'm weird - I think that some bi-colors look kind of odd in pictures, and I'm not a huge fan of the solid blacks in photos, but they're so GORGEOUS in person. I went to a dog show and the bi-color was my favorite of all of them. (The judge liked him too, LOL).

Beautiful parents - you're gonna have one good lookin' pup!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i think its an excellent sign when the breeders ask you just as many if not more questions about where their pups are going. It really shows they take great pride and care in what they do. Just from that (without having seen the parents) i would say yay for you!!! i'll probably look at the pictures later.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oh yeah... Keiko is a handsome one for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks like an excellent choice. Gorgeous dogs for sure!

The (C:99) would mean that she earned a score or 99% in the C phase of her SchHIII trial, which is the Protection Phase. I'm not famliar with the rest of the abbreviations.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What a hunk!!! Can't wait for pictures of your new pup. Not it's time to play the waiting game! lol

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Also, um, I forgot to ask the breeder. I know what SchH 1, TDI, and KkL1 mean, but what does the (C:99), RH1, (V) and STP3 after Querlie's name mean?
C:99 would mean 99 points in protection, RH1 is a different type of working dog title (like a search and rescue type title), V usually means V-rated in conformation (can also refer to a SchH score if one is given), and STP is a search title.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I had a van Meerhout dog. He was a great dog actually and very tough. Of course, he was selected as such. They seem good at evaluating pups. Ikai ended up as a dual purpose police dog and that cetainly was a super thing for him. His pedigree was not like the one of your pup.

I don't know enough in-depth about pedigrees to comment on the one of your pup. My Hogan guy does share a line through Bandit though.

I like the look of the Kieko dog too.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Stöberprüfung, for random article search, not the same as tracking a track. An FH is still an FH in the US but my understanding is that is a more complicated track? Tracking and searching are different things.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Stöberprüfung, for random article search, not the same as tracking a track. An FH is still an FH in the US but my understanding is that is a more complicated track? Tracking and searching are different things.

Oh the StPr... yeah, it's something I'd expect from a beagle or a hunting dog :D

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
congratulations!!! they are both gorgeous dogs!!

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a van Meerhout dog. He was a great dog actually and very tough. Of course, he was selected as such. They seem good at evaluating pups. Ikai ended up as a dual purpose police dog and that cetainly was a super thing for him. His pedigree was not like the one of your pup.
Yes, there was one litter that she steered me away from, saying she didn't think they were going to produce the type of dog I'm looking for (Family dog, house pet, obedience/agility) but said that this litter should have a few pups that will.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Love the puppy guarantee page ! puppy guarantee Nothing like a responsible breeder who knows they are responsible for all their dogs forever! Be alot fewer dogs in our shelters if everyone who bred included the following when they sold their pups:

First right of refusal
If at any time during the life of the dog, the Buyer can no longer keep the dog or plans to sell, or give the dog as a gift, Buyer agrees to notify Seller, and Seller will be given the first right of refusal to repurchase the dog at fair market value.
And there's only great things to say about having a gorgeous sable bitch for the mom of your pup! You wanting a sable puppy? http://www.vanmeerhoutshepherds.com/litters.htm

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Love the puppy guarantee page ! puppy guarantee Nothing like a responsible breeder who knows they are responsible for all their dogs forever! Be alot fewer dogs in our shelters if everyone who bred included the following when they sold their pups:

And there's only great things to say about having a gorgeous sable bitch for the mom of your pup! You wanting a sable puppy? Upcoming Van Meerhout German Shepherd Litters
I like their award program. It actually motivates people to do something with their dogs.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

And there's only great things to say about having a gorgeous sable bitch for the mom of your pup! You wanting a sable puppy? Upcoming Van Meerhout German Shepherd Litters
I agree. I won't buy from a breeder that doesn't require first right of refusal on their pups. And yes, I do want a sable! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.