German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm making my notes and keeping all my information, I'd like some suggestions or recommendations on things to have dialed in at home before a pup even comes home.

So far, my vet, books/reading guides/sources, food, bedding, crate ideas, toys,....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Missed some of your other posts so
to the forum, firefightrsflame from No Calif. Here's a link to another thread on things to get and consider.

Must Haves for a New Puppy

Do you have specific books already? I would recommend you look into (if you haven't yet) clicker training with your planned family member

Clicker Training???

If it is something that interests you, you could start practicing on timing with the clicker before you bring your puppy home. You could also check in with the breeder. Lancer's breeder (who's in So. Calif) started the litter on the clicker several weeks before we brought him home.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all thank you for the welcome! =)

I am actually in Southern Ca. I don't have my pup yet, just starting to get familiar with the breed so I can do my homework and make an informed decision. I pretty much know, though, that my mind and heart are set on a GSD so I want to be as prepared as possible. Kind of like a baby..you're never 100% ready but I want to at least be educated and as ready as I can be. There is a scenario that may or may not work out for me, however. I have a good friend who's retired K9 had pups and they told me that I coudl have one if I wanted. So, still trying to weigh the options. I don't want to rush anything.

I appreciate the two threads to read. Still trying to navigate my way around the forum =) .

Samuel- you said your Lancer's breeder is out here in So Cal? May I ask where? Maybe they're close to me.

As for books, no still reading some threads here int he forum for book recommendations. I am interested in the clicker training. I think I would need to call and ask if some of the trainers out here clicker train. I am interested though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts