German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any things, that only your GSD does?

Share with me/us!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I start preparing to go on a walk, she charges into backyard. Where she does her #1. Pees like there's no tomorrow, so not a single drop is left for the walk. Then she charges into frontyard. Where she does her #2. Once everything is done she runs back to the doors with huge smile "All done! I'm ready! Let's go on a walk!". Four months, three times a day. She has never failed her routine.

She somehow didn't get the memo, what the whole purpose of the walk is. :laugh2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,622 Posts
Samson is my night watchman.First thing in the morning and last thing at night he walks the perimeter of the property marking here and there,making sure all is well.

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
I took my big-boy into the backyard to play tug this morning. He decided that the proper place to play was the shady front yard so he took the toy and ran all the way to the other side of the house...and sat and stared at me. "see, isn't this better?" I could read on his expression.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
I am raising a landshark (16 weeks) who doesn't hurt me. He does bite and steal everything that comes in front of his mouth. With me he is gentle and loves mouthing without hurting and he still has puppy teeth! I enjoy it as well, it is very sweet. This may be not unique but it is new to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My boy does what I call the "mind meld," which he's done since he was pretty young. He'll come up and stick his head in my lap until I lean close, and then he pushes his forehead against mine and we just sit like that, just melding. :grin2:

·
Registered
167 Posts
When my girl has a new bone, she will jump up on my lap, front paws only and want me to hold one end of manky bone whilst she chews the other end. She will even direct me with a paw so she can get a better hold of it. She doesn't want any fuss, I am purely there to provide a service lol

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I swear my older female was a soccer player in her previous life! She loves to 'head' the ball. Unfortunately, this means playing ball with her indoors is a dangerous pasttime, because you never know just where the ball is going to end up! She has destroyed a number of precious ornaments during the 11 years I've had her, and the advice to anyone playing ball with her is to keep the ball REALLY low!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Rumo is a super-polite Tugger.
When we play Tug, he drops it and lets me win about every other time?

Another weird thing is that if my husband tickles my daughter, he stands up quickly and barks at him!
(Don't worry...he loves my husband normally).

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
So many things but jut recently this week fresh from memory -
Biddable Luna-When I do nails I put each one in the crate so they do not creep over and interrupt nail dremels. Luna will whine the entire time in the crate, when I do max’s Nails. When it’s her turn, I let Luna out of crate and she runs as fast as she can over to the throw rugs where I do nails and luna just waits for me to do her nails-it’s the first for me to have a dog wanting their nails done.

Observant Max- I have a wig now - temporary and I was laying on the couch, I took it off and put it in the cushion beside me. Not realizing i had an audience, I saw my very, observant, max just freeze absolutely confused and looked horrified and a bit shocked just froze and just stared at the wig for about a minute. Topper and Luna Was not phased at all. My kids all saw this we just could not stop from laughing - poor boy.

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
this is fun...the oddest thing my gal-dog does is in the bathroom. She doesn't always follow me in, many GSDs do that. If I spend some extra time sitting on the throne (you know.....reading) she brings me a tug toy, as if to reward me for being a good girl and doing my business.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
this is fun...the oddest thing my gal-dog does is in the bathroom. She doesn't always follow me in, many GSDs do that. If I spend some extra time sitting on the throne (you know.....reading) she brings me a tug toy, as if to reward me for being a good girl and doing my business.
That is too funny. Only dog people understand that stuff.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
When Sabi was hungry she would sit in front of me and stare until I asked what she wanted. Then she would open her mouth like a yawn, presumably to show me where the food went. Then she would look at the clock.
If I had other dogs to feed she would check all the dishes to make sure no one was getting anything she wasn't. Never touch the dishes or the food just check them.
You all complain about food aggression, every day Shadow noses her dish toward me and will not eat unless I give her one piece by hand and sit beside her while she eats.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
A tenant of mine had a very badly behaved dachshund that had been spoiled rotten by his previous owner. She let him into the upstairs of the house while we were talking, and he immediately peed on one of my dog beds. She whacked his butt and yelled at him. My big male German shepherd came to the wiener dog's defense, and bit her on the hand. It didn't break the skin, as he was old and his teeth were worn, but it left a nasty bruise!

And this was a dog that I'd heard growl twice in his entire life. I was really quite shocked at his behaviour!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I guess a lot of dogs do this but when Inga lays down next to me sometimes she starts chewing my feet. I say No Bite! and she immediately starts fleaing my feet. You know, making quick tiny nips just scraping the skin.

OK I can't bite you so I'll flea you. It is a grooming behavior, I do not actually have fleas. :)

Reactions: andywhite

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Deja has a variation on this. She sits in front of me in the corner of our tiny bathroom. She then looks at me and leaves....to come back with a toy that she holds onto. Evidently with a toy it is even better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts