German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm in need of collar recommendations. I like Bestia's collars but am looking for something more suitable for working dogs/active dogs. I highly prefer a 2-3 inch wide collar, both of my dogs look better with a bigger collar so aesthetic is important as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I like Leerburgs's collars. They start out way too stiff but after they break in they are really nice and supple. I use 2 inch agitation collars on mine.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've have also been very happy with Leerburg's leather collars. Excellent construction and very nice leather. I have one of their 1" leather collars that is currently Omen's everyday collar and love it. I also have one of their 2" leather agitation collars, and it is excellent as well. Both collars are built like tanks and, as CometDog mentioned, once broken in a bit are very supple, and very very nice quality leather.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
There is an Amish guy in Kentucky that makes all the leather items for Gene England. Quality is beyond compare. BUT....you'll have to snail mail him. I can get the information if you would like.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
2-3 inches is a wide collar. I know Dean and Tyler make wide collars most are 1 and a half inches thick which is pretty thick on a gsd. They have a nice plain almost three inch thick collar. Black Friday sales 20- 30% off. Photo of Max- one and half inch thick collar has for about three years. We are very active and still looks new. max’s collar on sale and spent less then $20 for Max’s. Luna’s collar was on sale one and half inches thick - I noticed the lighter leather did get some scratches on it. I keep them off in the house so they don’t ruin their fur around their neck.
https://www.dtdogcollars.com/D-T-Delight-Padded-Collar-p/dtc24.htm

·
Registered
166 Posts
2-3 inches is a wide collar. I know Dean and Tyler make wide collars most are 1 and a half inches thick which is pretty thick on a gsd. They have a nice plain almost three inch thick collar. Black Friday sales 20- 30% off. Photo of Max- one and half inch thick collar has for about three years. We are very active and still looks new. max’s collar on sale and spent less then $20 for Max’s. Luna’s collar was on sale one and half inches thick - I noticed the lighter leather did get some scratches on it. I keep them off in the house so they don’t ruin their fur around their neck.

Very nice dog and collar! Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
K9 Tactical gear has amazing customer service and super well made stuff
Modern Icon has good quality stuff but sometimes customer service is iffy

Berkshire K9 wear on Etsy has thick webbing collars that I absolutely love, plus they are highly customizable, you can get plain webbing or fabric wrapped webbing, plus i love that it supports a small business and she tests all her collar designs on her own bully breed mix working dog to make sure each design is up to par and wont break under pressure or in working dog conditions. great customer service and she is having a sale.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Those are beautiful collars but i don't see any marked as low as $20. My taste goes to the braided ones and that's $100 collar... on my wish list

1 - 16 of 16 Posts