German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pups have an AC unit attached to their shed. The shed is about 4x6 teepee style built against a brick wall with a flap and about 7 feet high. I've put a divider inside. But Zeeva doesn't go inside the shed unless Smokey isn't in there and I'm outside. I think he intimidates Zeeva or resource guards it. Poor girl seeks some shade between like 8 and noon. I'm thinking about brining her inside but can you suggest a way to get them to share the shed? I don't have space to build another one.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
is smokey your eskimo dog and zeeva white shepherd? Just trying to remember what you have. The dog in your picture looks really exotic/beautiful to me.

The alpha will always get his way. Only way is to bring smokey inside and let zeeva have the ac. JMHO I personally never had luck with a more dominant animal sharing ever when i wanted them to, without removing them from the situation.

maybe at the door you ucan extend the divider so smokey cant see that she came in? or you can bring her in yourself with treats? he might just chase her out when you leave though.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I'm not sure I understand how its constructed,but would it be possible to move the divider creating 2 separate sections, each side with its own entrance?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
What is the divider made of? If not wood, make it wood and extend it from door to the back. That way there is 2 entrances. Put something of hers on one side and something of smokey on the other.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Use a high enough divider that will run from the rear on through and out of the door/opening. Here's a pic, hope it makes sense. Cheyanna's idea of putting something of theirs on each side sounds like a good idea too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts