German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to look strange and this is how he always takes a bath :rolleyes:.

*Yawn*

"What?"

There seriously has to be an easier way to give him a bath. Shifting his around like that was enough to make me sweat enough to need a bath after he was done. LoL! That tub is at my aunt's house and is huge (Two person sunken in tub and he fills it up) He is still getting bigger too and I don't have a tub that big at home. UGH Giant dogs...

·
Registered
818 Posts
That is so cute :p Odin just gives up and now he hops in the tub and stands there until i'm done, he learned baths go much faster with a little cooperation.. lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoL The thing is he does this in any tub you put him in. The groomer's hate him. Not because he's a hard to wash dog but because he just doesn't like to stand up for anything.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Quote my husband sent me the other day from a movie, sounds like Jericho's motto!:

Don't run when you can walk,
Don't walk when you can stand,
Don't stand when you can sit,
Don't sit when you can lie down,
Don't lie down when you can sleep.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Quote my husband sent me the other day from a movie, sounds like Jericho's motto!:

Don't run when you can walk,
Don't walk when you can stand,
Don't stand when you can sit,
Don't sit when you can lie down,
Don't lie down when you can sleep.
Sounds like something W.C. Fields would say.

Play that backwards and you've got my dog.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
At 16 months my dog has never had a bath. She's been in the lake many times and out in the rain. For her a bath is a rubdown with a wet towel then dried off. Lots of brushing.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
That is so funny and cute!!!!! Have you tried in a shower? I don't have a bath so only use the shower for my girl :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol sadly the only time he is in lazy mode is when he is in the bath tub. Otherwise the motto goes backwards for him too.

Showers are a no go for him because he seems to think Shower= Hose outside. And the water hose outside is the best toy EVER!!!! He will jump up and bite at the falling water drops. While this is okay outside in the open in the closed shower stall.... not so much.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At 16 months my dog has never had a bath. She's been in the lake many times and out in the rain. For her a bath is a rubdown with a wet towel then dried off. Lots of brushing.

I brush him daily too but he only gets a bath or two a month unless he pulls off one of his becoming a giant mud monster tricks then he needs a bath. LoL. He loves the irragation water out at the horses and he will come home smelling interesting and caked in various things mixed with the mud.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I toss mine in the shower with me - one at a time of course. Neither of them likes it too much, but at least that way I don't have to worry about them getting me soaked. And it was easier then me leaning over the tub to get them clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts