German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I started (trying) Colt's raw diet, I bought 9 kilos (19.8 lbs) of chicken necks and feet for starters (for 6$)

I'm going to feed them to him for a week, with occasional eggs. The necks seem to have a good amount of meat, but of course I cut the head off, or am I suppose to keep it?

Well at first he was like, what is this food? But after a long while of chewing he devoured 2 necks and 2 feet. I starved him a bit so he can eat them without being fussy. Hopefully after a week I'll start buying some beef MM!

I have question, should breakfast be different than lunch and dinner? I also seperated them all into little proportional bags for easy thawing. It just feels amazing to see my puppy enjoying his food. Here are some pictures of the chicken eating monster :p
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370361078.850097.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370361087.172782.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370361100.831666.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Chow time! :D

·
Registered
31,709 Posts
You need to add meat. The necks and feet have a lot of bone and it's not balanced. i think with that much bone you may have a constipation issue. Get some chicken meat, breast/dark meat. maybe some smaller thighs? They would probably be in proper proportion.

I feed mostly necks and my percentages are 45% neck, 50% meat and 5% organs. And the feet are saved for treats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts