German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen other pics here of GSD's sitting this way. Is it normal ?? Btw, this is right after he stops spinning. This is how he spins into a sit, lol. Sits and stares for a minute than goes again. He is starting to calm down now a bit though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think that is called a lazy sit.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Correct it if you can. It puts a lot of pressure on the spine and hips, and can be an indicator of pain or bad hips. Note I said can not is. When my dogs do it I just nudge them with my foot to straighten them up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinkin it could do something to his hips in later years. I don't want that to happen.My last dog was here 18 years and his hips went on him in the end. It wasn't nice as there was nothin else wrong with him.

·
4,493 Posts
my gal do on rare occasions will slouch like this. Like any good "mom" I encourage her to sit straight. A nudge with my toes will often get her to readjust.

·
Registered
309 Posts
A breeder told me that lazy sit positions can also signal that the dog is simply out of shape. The muscles just aren’t very strong because they aren’t getting worked enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts