German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been blessed with things in my life and I have been very thankful for everything I have but a lot of that wouldn't be without the love from my dog.
1. The first thing I have learned is patience- I have had Brutus since he was a 6 weeks old and when we got him home it took a lot of work to potty train and get him to stop biting us. The long walk we go on are when he has to say hello to all the people on the street or in their yards. The waiting him for him to use the potty because he is to busy scoping out the area
2. The second thing is sharing- I have learned that apparently my couch is all his except for the one spot that I am allowed to sit on as long as he can put his big heavy body on me. That my pillow is his pillow as he will put his head on my pillow and stare at me with a big goofy smile. He likes to share his stuffed toys with me and makes sure that if I am reading or doing something that he brings it right up to my face and shakes it around. That when I want covers because I am cold he makes sure that he places all of his weight on them and won't budge at all
3. He has taught me that when it is my time to have kids I will be able to put up with sassy talking back and lots of attitude. He really doesn't liked to be told no and when we say no he makes it well known by making a lot of mumbling sounds and light barking. Like it sounds like actual talking back. If we aren't ready to get out of bed yet he will jump up and plop against me as hard as he can so i know that he is there. While I am trying to get him to move off of my covers there is a lot of "mmming" sounds like a leave me alone.
4. The fourth thing is laughter- when I see my boy there is never a frown on my face. The silly things he does like tossing his animals up in the air and turning in circles never fails. Or when the covers are all messed up and he is sitting on top of them like he is the king of the bed. Or when he finds a hose running or his pool filled up you can just forget trying to keep him dry. When he blows bubbles in his water bowl and then tries to eat them.
5. The last thing and most important is love. I recently have gone through some tough times in the past fee months a lot of issues with anxiety and work related stuff and I knew that when ever I came home my boy would be waiting for me at the door. When I am sad and I am crying he is there to give me kisses and let me hug him and doesn't move when I squeeze him to tight. If I am sick he is right by my side making sure that I am ok.
I have never imagined that I could love a dog so much as much as I love my boy. Thanks to the wonderful dog who I know will always be there waiting for me: )

. ImageUploadedByPG Free1370375162.312012.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370375182.846044.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370375303.594890.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370375313.189649.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370375321.930173.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1370375331.994303.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
What a great companion is your Brutus!

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I love that face and smile in the 4th picture.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love that face and smile in the 4th picture.
Ditto! Lol if I could jump on board and say cooper has taught me to never forget -- he was the new addition to our little family after our last dog went to sleep.

He has allowed me to care for him and in return provide unconditional love... He really is therapeutic in helping my gf with the loss of our last. Only dog owners (and especially large dog) understand the bond created...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts