German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do we expect a dog to make his own decisions in who is friend or foe if every signal we send the dog is that we can't tell ourselves. That we have lost all control over our emotions and fear danger around every corner and in every stranger.

Isn't it putting human expectations onto a dog if we still expect them to make their own decisions in who is friend or foe? Isn't it natural that dogs become more vigilante and ready to go on the slightest Signal, we send them? And in the end, isn't that exactly what we expect a dog to do under normal circumstances?

Dogs feels that we are threatened by something, dog intercepts.

So how can we say that a dog has aggression issues, if he does exactly, what we (knowingly or unknowingly) want them to do?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I think we have to help people untangle the web - so many behaviors fall under the umbrella "aggression" that every little thing is looked at in a negative light. Yesterday my puppy barked at a woman in the vet's office and I swear I made him do it, because she was annoying me with her actions, lol. She kept shoving her arm at him saying, "It's alright" over and over and over again, probably 25 times!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts