German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
36761 - 36772 of 36772 Posts

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
I feel for the puppy and for the wife. Someone has marriage mixed up with slavery. If a husband is going to be the sole breadwinner, it doesn't give him the right to make all the decisions. That's tyrannical.

I think that some younger couples just need to sort these things out. If we waited until all the stars to align before having children or pets, many people would have neither. And, perhaps it could be better so for some people. But most people do manage to provide for both, even if things weren't perfect, and they weren't able to start a college fund before Junior was conceived.

We have a woman who has had a good track record with her pets, they were relatively healthy, and she was not prepared for a $1000 dollar bill out of the gate with the pup. But they did provide the treatment, the pup will go home, and they will find a way to pay off the bill. I think people have been pretty tough on them overall.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Whoo Hoo! My Carlos Santana boots came in today!!! I DIG them!!!!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I feel for the puppy and for the wife. Someone has marriage mixed up with slavery. If a husband is going to be the sole breadwinner, it doesn't give him the right to make all the decisions. That's tyrannical.

I think that some younger couples just need to sort these things out. If we waited until all the stars to align before having children or pets, many people would have neither. And, perhaps it could be better so for some people. But most people do manage to provide for both, even if things weren't perfect, and they weren't able to start a college fund before Junior was conceived.

We have a woman who has had a good track record with her pets, they were relatively healthy, and she was not prepared for a $1000 dollar bill out of the gate with the pup. But they did provide the treatment, the pup will go home, and they will find a way to pay off the bill. I think people have been pretty tough on them overall.
I do not have anything against the fact that she had to find a way to pay his vet bill and that she isn't loaded with cash-problem is that Husband of hers. He wouldn't lend her the car to take the pup to the vet, he told her to rehome the puppy-and she defends her husband to the point that I worry for the puppy. That is why I think she should not keep the puppy because of her DH. He doesn't even want the pup according to her and if he yells at his wife for such nonsense imagine how he'd treat a pup that he doesn't want and sees as a financial burden.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
I do not have anything against the fact that she had to find a way to pay his vet bill and that she isn't loaded with cash-problem is that Husband of hers. He wouldn't lend her the car to take the pup to the vet, he told her to rehome the puppy-and she defends her husband to the point that I worry for the puppy. That is why I think she should not keep the puppy because of her DH. He doesn't even want the pup according to her and if he yells at his wife for such nonsense imagine how he'd treat a pup that he doesn't want and sees as a financial burden.
Some people bark a lot. They grump a lot. She did take the pup to the vet that day. He drove her there. He is freaking out over the bill. Well, geeze, I think I would too. And now this person may be gone for good. She isn't Satan the Devil, and neither is he. I hope people are proud of the work they did today here. Some of the people on here make my stomach turn. This wasn't some idiot breeding their 8 month old puppy bitch. This was a young puppy buyer that bought a dog off of a friend of a friend and wound up with parvo. Let's crucify her.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts

·
Registered
31,874 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
It is crazy how some people are so willing to condemn a pet owner because the standards of living at a home are different than at their own.

I wonder how many of you who are so quick to judge would judge yourselves when compared to someone else.

My wife and I are both professional trainers. She is a vet tech. We both have over 20 years education, certifications and experience in these fields. Our dogs are worked every day. Some of them in a professional capacity. When we board a dog, they don't want to leave. Our house is dog heaven compared to most.

Should I condemn everyone that can't provide the same level of training and husbandry as my household? Should I suggest that they rehome their pets because they don't provide a suitable home? That would be ludicrous.

Not everyone is in the same place in their life. All we can do is the best we can. If we make a mistake, we learn from it and move on. Our dogs understand, so should we. It makes me angry to see people who need help driven off by the reckless negative council of a few people that lack empathy.

I go out of my way to help others better their lives with their dogs. I suggest we all do the same.

David Winners

·
Registered
27,225 Posts
Ice dam on the roof is leaking into my cabinet in the kitchen. Once again..that roof tie in isn't waterproof. We've had it 'fixed' 3 times and re did the inside damage. Now we're back to square 1. Surprised it is even thawing, still only a couple degrees above 0.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Everyone is intitled to their opinion.

I call it how I see it.

I've rehomed 3 dogs and got spanked by several people on this forum for it, at first I cared and then I realized that I didn't give 2 flying poops what anyone thought of me because several "popular" people on here have rehomed several dogs but no one ever speaks about it.

When someone complains about not having any money and having to borrow money from someone to pay for surgery and then they borrow money from someone to buy a puppy and then they complain that they don't have $100 for a Vet visit and their spouse won't let them use the vehicle to get the puppy to the Vet (granite he did allow her to) and then that spouse goes on a rampage about medical bills, I don't think they should have a puppy. My only concern is for this puppy, I think it deserves a better more suitable home that can properly care for it. Puppies are VERY expensive, especially the first year of it's life with all the shots and Vet visits, why get a puppy when you can't afford it and money is an issue?

·
Super Moderator
18,680 Posts
This thread has turned into a bashing thread again. We did issue a warning last time, but this time it is being closed for good. This is not being directed at any particular member or post, but a general observation by the mod/admin team.

ADMIN

36761 - 36772 of 36772 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.