German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are my two babies born oct 28 2011, same the two pups i took to puppy class from another thread - they kind of over ran the gsd pups in the class and i voluntarily removed them.

i know this is a gsd forum but just wanted to share.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
What the H are they? LOL! I can see why they didn't fit in with a puppy class...they aren't little pups. Black dog needs a smack down!!!

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Cool, I didn't know you bred hyenas! :D

I love the way they GSD video bombs at 0:31 with his stick :crazy:

And then the horse just keeps calmly eating....LOL

·
Super Moderator
32,532 Posts
What is a gyp?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
What kind are they? Male/Female?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I didn't know you bred hyenas! :D

I love the way they GSD video bombs at 0:31 with his stick :crazy:

And then the horse just keeps calmly eating....LOL

haha that old mare of mine is amazing, the pups have slammed into her legs, run between her legs, dig their claws into her shoulder trying to mount her when i am on her, you might have noticed she had a nip at them just barely caught by the camera at one point - she does tell them off, funny thing is she is 100% work horse, far from a pet and she is not that doclile to ride, actually too hot blooded to compete on so the trainer ditched her early on is how i got her, gonna breed her to a quarter horse.

you think they look like hyenas?

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind are they? Male/Female?
black is a gyp, merle is a male. dam is the girl in vid, sire belongs to someone else, first litter 14 pups, all in good hunting homes except one went to a family in a remote isolated homestead as a watchdog/companion, they are protective and agressive bred as running dogs and nose dogs to cover rough ground in a hurry and start a fight untill the catch dogs arrive, only problem the dam takes care of business herself too much so i had to get the right stud, i think they threw to the dam tho, time will tell. bred as strike dogs but looks like they will be running catch dogs.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
just interested in what you are seeing, all feedback is good.
I'm seeing healthy,happy dogs having a blast, a mare who grudgingly tolerates them, and a GSD who doesn't know what the heck to do around them :rofl:

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, that about sums up my household, the gsd is great with them to be honest they suck up to him and always be licking the inside of his mouth. he doesn't let them out of his site off the property. the dam was a bit overly aggressive when she had them but at 5 week she was fine with him.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What kind of dogs are they? Catahoulas? Mixes?
they are bred from within a family group of dogs that were line bred in the 60's/70's of mixed breeds, the exact percentages can only be speculated on. the theme was no bulldog or terrier groups, collies or herders.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
This is exactly how my two play. Jazz is just like the black dog, lol.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is exactly how my two play. Jazz is just like the black dog, lol.

neat, strangely i never have the issues of puppies biting my colthes/hands or eating furniture etc.

i think there are some positives for keeping littermates together altho most would say not :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts