German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as i know she is perfectly healthy, it also might be the angle of the photo. thank took me a long time to come up with a L name that i liked.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure if I should pop your bubble but "Luana" is definitely not German. Source: Am German.
Battle would be: Schlacht, Krieg, Kampf
Maiden would be Jungfrau, Maedchen etc.

Still love the name though!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The name Luana is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Luana is: Graceful battle maiden. However i do agree i think it is more Hawaiian.

·
Super Moderator
7,237 Posts
I have a cousin name Luana. She’s neither German nor Hawaiian, LOL

·
Registered
307 Posts
When I search "luana" all kinds of Hawaiian-theme search results come up. Even:
Luana: Pronunciation of Luana as a girls' name is pronounced loo-AHN-ah. It is of Hawaiian origin, and the meaning of Luana is "enjoyment". Also contemporary blends based on Lou or Louise with Ann or Anna. In Italy, use of the name was inspired by a film of the 1930s.

But you know what? Who cares! The internet doesn't know everything. Enjoy the puppy and enjoy teaching it it's name! And send more pictues!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a cousin name Luana. She’s neither German nor Hawaiian, LOL
I think Luana is a great name! It has a beautiful sound to it. Just didn't want them to think they are naming their dog after a German word, which it is not! It's definitely a name that I am sure is used in many countries, along with Germany :)
@hoytn I think your girl is gorgeous. And hopefully you will share many photos. My pup, that I am bringing home next month, is also the yellow collar of her litter :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O i agree Luana doesnt sound German. my first GSD was name Athena i wanted to get another L goddess name but none of them sounded right. The biggest issue ill have is my nephew and nieces will call her Moana from Disney LOL. The wife wants to have her nickname lulu, i kinda draw the line at that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts