German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go out of town for a few days, left most of the dogs with a house sitter. Grendel needed her spay surgery so I took her to a clinic and just boarded her, since the sitter wouldn’t be there all day to keep her from gnawing stitches etc. So I picked up Grendel Last night and discovered the clinic had returned her with a new attitude and a fairly rude one at that.

Seems the vet was DELIGHTED she was on a raw diet, but didn’t use MY food; his son in law had gone hunting and had supplied vast quantities of newly slaughtered wildlife. He hoped I didn’t mind that Grendel had been eating fresh quail, pheasant and venison for the last few days.
One of the vet techs is trying to become certified or whatever in the tellington touch massage method, so Grendel got massaged twice a day. Oh, and the vet recently upgraded the boarding facilities, so she had access to both a heated area with a pillow and a room temperature area with a pillow. Somebody even gave the little Brat a doggie pedicure with fingernail polish!

I was at a Fourstar hotel and nobody gave ME pheasant, pedicures or massages! The worst part of this is that the little beast thinks she DESERVES to be treated like that! She’s got her nose stuck so far up in the air it’s amazing she doesn’t trip of those glossy pink toenails! She’s finally gotten to the point that she’s willing to acknowledge that she might possibly have know me in some previous, far less pleasant existence but no more. Ungrateful little fart.

Jelpy and the mesquite Mafia

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
LOL spoiled lil stinker.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
When I die could I come back as a spoiled dog?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hehe thats great! At least you know she was well taken care of ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
"That was your week off, Grendel. Now, for the other 51 weeks..." :D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
LOL, too funny!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oh i would kick her butt! No spoiled snooty dogs in my house!!!!! lol. nice story.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I just don't understand how much of this story is real, and how much was intended to be tongue in cheek. Your dog actually got a pedicure? And pink toenails?? People do that???

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I just don't understand how much of this story is real, and how much was intended to be tongue in cheek. Your dog actually got a pedicure? And pink toenails?? People do that???

haha yes people do actually do that. My friend actually takes her dog in for regular pedicures every two weeks.... kinda scary

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I like the pink toenails idea but I definitely need to get a grip on toenail clipping first.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yes they do. They even have polish called Pawlish made jus for dogs.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yes she got a pedicure. And YES she got Pheasant. I had Kentucky Fried Chicken and SHE had Pheasant. I had to buy some foot scrub to defoliate my calloused heels and SHE got a pedicure. I was freezing in an airplane and SHE had a heatlamp. I had to bring an inflatable neck rest on the plane so I didn't get an extra charge and SHE had two pillows! TWO!

Jelpy and the mesquite mafia

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
What clinic did you use? With attention like that, I'm thinking I'll go in for a spay..

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
:rofl: OMG I love this story. I wish I could stay at your vets!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts