German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here remember the old Animal Planet? Back when the channel had shows such as "Breed All About It" and "K9 to 5" and "Emergency Vets"? Those were the good old days. Don't get me wrong, it still has good shows worth watching like "It's Me or the Dog", but it's just not the same.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Omg I loves emergency vets, I used to watch that show religiously. My favorite vet was Dr. Steve Peterson. Man I miss that show :( I think they should being it back lol.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I agree. Some of the new shows are just stupid and IMO have no place on "ANIMAL Planet".)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I LOVED E-Vets it was the best. And yes some of the new shows need to go or they need a second channel to bring back some older shows. Something like animal planet revisited or something like that. River monsters is kinda cool tho. Makes you think about were you swim. :eek:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Yeah Emergency Vets was a good show. I loved K9 to 5 (my dog was on that show once! She wasn't the featured dog but was there when they filmed) I also really liked the "game shows" they used to have on Animal Planet like 'You Lie Like a Dog' and 'Zig and Zag'.

My dog on K9 to 5 --
(she's the red Golden Retriever in the background, not the Shih Tzu)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Does anyone here remember the old Animal Planet? Back when the channel had shows such as "Breed All About It" and "K9 to 5" and "Emergency Vets"? Those were the good old days. Don't get me wrong, it still has good shows worth watching like "It's Me or the Dog", but it's just not the same.

Oh yes! Let's not forget "Good Dog U". I really did enjoy those earlier shows. I think they might still have some of them available on DVD. I bought the German Shepherd Dog "Breed All About It" shortly after it first aired.

:doggieplayball:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I liked Kevin Fitzgerald...what a hoot! He was a funny guy! "Breed all about it" is on Saturday mornings...that's my Saturday morning routine. I havent seen it in a couple weeks because we take Brody to puppy class that day!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I miss when Animal Planet was, for the most part, educational. Now it's turning into the rest of the media - drama. I'm starting to hate it.

What is "I shouldn't Be Alive" doing on Animal Planet? REALLY?

I'm not liking what it's turning into. I'm not liking what a LOT of channels I liked are turning into.

E-Vets was one of my favorites.

My current favorites are the Animal Cops EXCEPT for Miami. I HATE HATE HATE that Todd Hardwick moron. I would be the happiest person on the planet if he got his head snapped of by an alligator. I also like the Most Extreme, but they need to come out with new ones.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yeah i miss the good shows. "I Shouldnt Be Alive" is freaking stupid. I miss the E-vets. and animal cops, though animals cops Miami can go away. Dogs 101 isnt bad but i think they should do one or two breeds more in depth, like talking with owners instead of one owner instead of doing 3-4 breeds per show. I cant stand most of whats on animal planet now. its sad but i prefer watching Hannah Montana over Animal Planet these days. Thank GOD for movie channels... lol

·
Registered
728 Posts
I miss it, too. I used to stay home from school "sick" and watch all that stuff. Breed All About it is what taught me about bloat in Great Danes - I remembered it until I had one, and recognized the symptoms right away when he had it, thanks to them.

The new AP sucks - I hate the "surprisingly human" tagline - there are enough human channels, I watch this for the ANIMALS. I don't care about some ex-con bullying his employees, I don't care about idiots stranded on the ocean for 3 months, I want the old programming that was great. The new stuff is lame, but now I have NatGeo Wild which I LOVE.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I liked Animal Precinct the best. The new Animal Cops are not as good. The Detroit one was ok too except I always got sad when they picked up a pittie... They didn't mention it much on the show but the Detroit Humane Society doesn't (or didn't back when I actually watched the show that is, don't know if it's changed) adopt out "pit bulls" so if they picked one up it was a death sentence unless they could find a rescue group that would take the dog.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Animal Precinct was my favorite. I loved Annemarie Lucas.

I also liked to watch "That's my Baby." To me, it seemed like it took away the need for people to show their kids the 'miracle of birth' in their home when it was available on TV.

There were lots of good shows. That were about ANIMALS. Not drama. Now it's turning into a dramatized pit bull media-fest.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I liked Animal Precinct the best. The new Animal Cops are not as good. The Detroit one was ok too except I always got sad when they picked up a pittie... They didn't mention it much on the show but the Detroit Humane Society doesn't (or didn't back when I actually watched the show that is, don't know if it's changed) adopt out "pit bulls" so if they picked one up it was a death sentence unless they could find a rescue group that would take the dog.
they still do kill the pits and known mixes. last i knew they didnt even allow rescue to step forward for them anymore. when i see Detroit on i change the channel because its upsetting. they pick up a pit almost every single show.

Animal Precinct was my favorite. I loved Annemarie Lucas.

I also liked to watch "That's my Baby." To me, it seemed like it took away the need for people to show their kids the 'miracle of birth' in their home when it was available on TV.

There were lots of good shows. That were about ANIMALS. Not drama. Now it's turning into a dramatized pit bull media-fest.
I liked That's My Baby too. It was awesome! Tigers. Wolves. Elephants. You name it, it rocked. Maybe we should all get together and overload them with reminders we want the animals not the people!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Actually I saw several episodes where they not only mentioned that APBTs (even puppies) would be killed but they "educated" the public on why it was necessary. One show that I will never forget was the AC officers dragging scared APBTs out of an abandoned house and acting like they were big, brave men saving the public from these viscous dogs. IMO that show is when AP started going down hill. The channel now seems to have a strong Animal Rights slant.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts