German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
Very cool! Gorgeous dog too. Do you know where it was shot?

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Nice! Deja just found a hypothermic small lizard in a field! So I could rescue him by putting him in a sheltered place. That nose....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Cool - What a great dog!

My daughter did her science report on dogs’ sense of smell and drew a big colored diagram of a dog nose...she got an A and was asked to share her report with the class :)

She got interested in it because Rumo is always sniffing on walks ... once he tracked me through the park to the restroom and that seemed to really impress her! ( But I knew that the SAR dogs can track trails that are much older... my trail was so fresh, no challenge at all! )

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The diagram of the inside super imposed on the dog was really helpful in understanding. I have watched a lot of vids about the inner workings but this one stood out. The whole subject is fascinating.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Cool. Looking forward to watching

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for sharing, that was fascinating and timely - I have noticed my dog is much more "sniffy" than our previous 4 GSD. I was wondering if that ability and drive to sniff and find things (we play "find it!" indoors) are a result of her breeding. All of our others were purebred, but she is on a different level.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for sharing, that was fascinating and timely - I have noticed my dog is much more "sniffy" than our previous 4 GSD. I was wondering if that ability and drive to sniff and find things (we play "find it!" indoors) are a result of her breeding. All of our others were purebred, but she is on a different level.
Probably has a higher degree of hunt drive than your previous dogs. Makes for motivated odor detecting, tracking, search dogs.

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
Bear Creek, Briones
It definitely had the EBRP look, but I wasn't sure which one. We've only been to Briones a couple of times and it was a long time ago. I can't remember if we had Sneaker or Cassidy at the time.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It definitely had the EBRP look, but I wasn't sure which one. We've only been to Briones a couple of times and it was a long time ago. I can't remember if we had Sneaker or Cassidy at the time.
Yeah we train there a lot, lot's of space, and not too far for the UCB scientists to drive.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Nice video. No new knowledge to share if you have studied it all, but very good graphical representation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts