German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real quick story today as I'm about to dig into my nachos my 3yr old daughter decides to throw a tantrum and as I am tending to her my nachos are on my lap and out of nowhere comes Bella... She steals a couple while I'm trying to calm my daughter... Bella is being very naughty today... I ended up without my lunch b/c there is No Way I will eat after Where her mouth has been , I mean I love her but that's not happening no matter how hungry I am lol... Some nerve Bella has :D

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Why u no share your nachos! Lol! Our pup, on a rare occasion will try to sneak a lick on a random walk by if I have a plate in my lap.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because Bella can be a nasty girl lol she eats from my garbage if the lid is off and often is a bit of a turd tumbler when it comes to my cat litter box lol I would share with my cats before her any day lol...

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
I was kidding. I wouldn't share either. Our pup came in the house last night and our 8 yr old was yelling "he's eating a rock! He's eating a rock!" I went to go look and that was the softest, smelliest rock ever, gross!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you we're kidding these dogs give new meaning to dirty dogs lol :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah Lily likes to go tootsie roll hunting too:sick: Why is that so appealing to them? She will steal food if I leave it setting on the coffee table and leave the room for a sec. :nono:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Lily likes to go tootsie roll hunting too:sick: Why is that so appealing to them? She will steal food if I leave it setting on the coffee table and leave the room for a sec. :nono:
Ha-ha Tootsie roll hunting I like that one made me laugh for a few minutes...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Gunther has only stolen 1 cookie from the counter and nothing else. He always manages to lick my husband's diet coke but only on the opening for the can where you drink from though :p its really gross cause I spend all day with him and see where that tongue has been.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We have to constantly get on to Gypsy about getting into the kitchen trash can, licking the dishes (whether dirty or not) in the dishwasher, and to get her head off the table because she wants to sniff and taste what is on our plates. She is 1 year old and about 115 lbs, basicly we have a big Gsd. Gypsy does not even need to stretch her neck very much to get her head on the table.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I would steal your nachos too, my favorite. Fiona will smell at my plate, but never stole anything of it. My mother claims Fiona stole her potato chips off her plate. I claim it was Fiona's sister, Gilda.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl won't steal from my plate, but she will counter surf for food left out.

I made bratwurst and sauerkraut and potato panckakes for dinner and she was up on the counter sniffing the leftovers. She couldn't get to it though as I'd pushed all of it to the backsplash.

I know she was up there because just like a kid, when it gets really quiet she's up to something. Sure enough I peeked around the corner of the kitchen and she's got that nose going up on the countertop.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My girl got something once, I forget what. I am gonna train this proactively, put food up there when she really hungry and do the- you get it when you stop trying to get it thing. I should do the same thing with poop, minus the you get it part.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I cut up hotdogs, cheese, and chicken for one of lara's training classes once on a day where she was particularly distraction prone..I put them in a little bowl on the counter and walked away, then all the sudden I hear a bowl hit the floor and turn to see little pieces of all her FAVORITES scattered all over the floor and her chowing down.

She has never once gotten something else off the counter, but oh my god, she tried every day for WEEKS straight that was how powerful that reward was :p

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes if I leave any food unattended it's fair game for Bella, she attempts to steal food from my children but has Never stolen from me but hey I guess there's always a first lol I couldn't get mad at her b/c she gave me the face like mom did I do something wrong and I just laughed she's my baby and could never do wrong by me ;)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Shasta has been busted several times nosing the counters. She usually gets yelled at and scrambles out of the kitchen but there are times we sneak up on her and smack her on the butt. She gets so surprised by that she won't go into the kitchen for days! Wish it worked longer but alas, no go. She sniffs at the trash a little too enthusiastically too. As for the cat box.... well if she does manage to get into the laundry room... she's not getting into the cat box!!!

plus there is a pretty tall gate between the main part of the house and the laundry room with a little door just the right size for the cats. Still working on the best way to stash their food though. Currently it's hiding behind the litter box cage and she'd have to push the whole thing out of the way to get to the cat food and luckily, she's just not that motivated!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahh yes I didn't even go there with the cat food lol for the most part I yell leave it and she listens but she does manage to get at it alot. Right now my poor cats eat in my garage lol...

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Ahh yes I didn't even go there with the cat food lol for the most part I yell leave it and she listens but she does manage to get at it alot. Right now my poor cats eat in my garage lol...

at least they have a place they can eat!!! Shasta is pretty good about listening to a leave it inside. I think it'll always be a work in progress outside but that's okay. Just wish she didn't like turd snacks so much. Thankfully since moving back to MD and away from my inlaws dogs, she's not eating anything in the yard she shouldn't. Still not letting her kiss me though!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't blame you lol never know Where that mouth has been :eek: Bella sneaks a few in with my 3 yr old and I'm like Nooo yucky and she's like no mommy I love her...
Only if my kids knew Where that mouth has been all day long lol:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts