German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been around dogs for a while but my family never owned a GSD. I've seen some head tilting from one of the labradors my mother had when I was young, but it wasn't all that much - just once in a while.

Bella is now about 7 months, my first GSD - the head tilting became an everyday thing for her since about a month now. I talk to her about anything and she just starts tilting head left and right, I find it absolutely hilarious and I'm pretty much unable to stop laughing. I assume this is normal for GSD's? Just out of curisity, does it indicate anything?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I wonder if GSDs can hear better than other breeds with those giant ears? It makes for a great photo op!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
She is listening and trying to understand. It's a very normal GSD behavior. I laugh too when mine does the head tilt. Have you seen the ears move when something happens in the background? I notice when he is listening or looking at me and a noise happens elsewhere, one of his ears will turn in the direction of the other sound while the other ear stays forward listening to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you seen the ears move when something happens in the background? I notice when he is listening or looking at me and a noise happens elsewhere, one of his ears will turn in the direction of the other sound while the other ear stays forward listening to me.
I did, it's absolutely spectacular!

·
Registered
987 Posts
my husband always laughs because he says when you're talking to Frank and his ears tilt back, that franks tinking of a reply if he could just say it. LOL

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Looks like the dog is saying: "If you just speak slowly I will get it! ... OK OK, one more time please!!"

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

this is my GSD Shelby.

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
Definitely trying to understand. :) Jax and Banshee (boxer) both do that with a new word. Especially, if it's added to a known sentence. Ask Banshee if she wants to go for a ride and she'll run you over to the door. Ask her if she wants to go to Arizona and her head tilts 90 degrees trying to figure what Arizona is. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Shelby

The whole head tilting thing never gets old. It's too adorable.

I want to start a petition to save that poor dog Shelby from the You Tube Video: The abuse is obvious.

1) No Beer
2) No Pillow
3) No Cell Phone
4) Not Trained in Lap Top Usage
5) Dog Whisperer not on the TV
6) Where's his Snuggie?

All kidding aside, that is a great video.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Ha! Hubby claims that Hondo tilts his head at me because I talk too fast! Now I know that Hondo thinks what ever I am saying is very interesting and he wants badly to understand me.

On the other hand, when hubby talks Hondo just jumps up and rushes him. That means that hubby never has anything interesting to say and Hondo just wants him to shut up!

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
The whole head tilting thing never gets old. It's too adorable.

I want to start a petition to save that poor dog Shelby from the You Tube Video: The abuse is obvious.

1) No Beer
2) No Pillow
3) No Cell Phone
4) Not Trained in Lap Top Usage
5) Dog Whisperer not on the TV
6) Where's his Snuggie?

All kidding aside, that is a great video.

:rofl:... i actually think she may have gotten some brain damage from all her head tilting. lol.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Ha! Hubby claims that Hondo tilts his head at me because I talk too fast! Now I know that Hondo thinks what ever I am saying is very interesting and he wants badly to understand me.

On the other hand, when hubby talks Hondo just jumps up and rushes him. That means that hubby never has anything interesting to say and Hondo just wants him to shut up!

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

sounds like an excellent and true story to me!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts