German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all , i would say hi to every1 in this forums ! me and my gf just bought a GSD 1 month ago . Gonna be 12 weeks this saturday !

going pretty weel so far ! few pee in the house wich is normal :rolleyes: ! but not much crying , doing his night .. like 2-3 pee in the cage since we have him home ... normal also !

here is the question ... im worried the dog love my gf more ... maybe feeling less alpha from her tho . im not being bad with the dog or what ever .. lets say my ''no'' is just more rude or should i say ferm .

can a dog listen to 1 person more and love more the other ? we trying to split all responsabilities 50/50 ( feeding , walking ..... ) and also doing lot of activity with him together .

btw french is my first language so dont hate about my broken typing !

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Hi and welcome....

I am sure some of the more experienced owners will chime in...crate training is hard. just be sure to take him out all the time and praise him a ton when he goes potty OUTSIDE! Post some pics!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
All of my dogs have attached to one person, but very loving with all family members. My dad has a saying, "Kids and dogs know..." and it means that they have a certain sense about people and things. Your GF may be more of a "dog person"...it is what it is. My husband is not a dog person, but when he lays on the floor and the dogs lick his face (whick he tolerates because he loves me) I am thrilled! Enjoy your role, and the dog will love you for who you are-in their own way!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Our two dogs each have a favorite- it's not unusual for them to be more attached to one person. But he's still a very young puppy, he just may need the female touch right now. Don't apologize, your English is pretty good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts