German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the boys went on a hike this morning. My neighbours are horrified that I go alone to the mountain plains because apparently once the little cafe closes down for winter and the shepherds move to lower pastures, then it becomes the domain of the wolf and they are convinced I am going to be hunted and eaten by wolves. :rolleyes::laugh:

We didn't see any wolves but we did come across an old kill which had some wolf scat on/around it. I had bought the dogs a dentatix each for our picnic but they seemed to have found their own snack. :laugh:

Oooh whats this?

Kofi dives straight in, but Shilah was a bit nervous of the wolf smell and was worriedly looking around incase the rightful owners came back.. :eek:

Nomnomnonnomnom...try a bit Shy...

Shilah tentatively tried a bit (but was still a bit worried by it all-bless him)

We had a lovely morning in the sunshine so here are a few more pics :)

Gone for a better view

Back at the car and tired out. :wub:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Your dogs are gorgeous and smart!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Beautiful scenery, and beautiful dogs, really enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you take them?
They are taken on the mountain plains in Abruzzo, Italy (where we live :))

We can't go there in the summer because there are sheep grazing with Maremma livestock guarding dogs and they are aggressive if they see any dogs (they especially come at my dogs probably because they look a bit like wolves from a distance?) But they go down to lower pastures in the Winter so we are safe for a bit!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Beautiful dogs and great pictures. My fav. is the last picture so gorgeous with the two of them laying down perfectly and that wonderful background.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are taken on the mountain plains in Abruzzo, Italy (where we live :))

We can't go there in the summer because there are sheep grazing with Maremma livestock guarding dogs and they are aggressive if they see any dogs (they especially come at my dogs probably because they look a bit like wolves from a distance?) But they go down to lower pastures in the Winter so we are safe for a bit!
Where abouts in Abruzzo do you live?

My parents are both from Abruzzo (we now live in Canada).

I'll have to show them these pictures, they'll love it!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Wow... stunning scenery and gorgeous dogs!!!

I especially love the last photo.... wow.. what a framer!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where abouts in Abruzzo do you live?

My parents are both from Abruzzo (we now live in Canada).

I'll have to show them these pictures, they'll love it!
I am in the Pescara province and my nearest village is Montebello Di Bertona. :)

Say Ciao to your parents! :D

Thank you for all the nice comments on my babies!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Um, if Shilah ever turns up missing, don't look at my house, cuz he won't be here. Uh-uh, no way. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts