German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to be more involved on the forum but I have a hard time keeping up with a lot of threads, I'm hoping this will be a good way to connect with more of you guys! (I promise there will be a lot of protection posts!)

I'm keeping a girl from my most recent litter, so I feel this is a great time to start posting updates! She's a very confident little pup, fiery and full of herself. I'm extremely excited to watch her grow! We are going to be taking it easy and focus on foundations for awhile. Her registered name is Brazen vom Dakonic, but her call name is Kaiju. :)

I also kept a girl back from my A litter, I posted a little bit about her but not a lot. I'll be curious if anyone remembers her! She's closing in on 2 years old now and has been such a fun dog! She's taught me a lot, taught me to slow down and not rush things. She's just been a pleasure to live with and raise. Abyss vom Dakonic is her registered name, her call name is Rougarou or "Rou" for short. :) We're hopefully going for some new WDA titles soon!

We need to work on her solidifying her bark and holds/blinds and also introducing her to the suit. I'd like to go for her P1, PD1, and PS1 if I can. There may be a PSA trial semi-near by in April so we will definitely try for our PDC and PSA1.

·
Registered
955 Posts
So cute! Too precious when she takes off with the tug, lol! She looks like a fun pup :)

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Great photos love the water photo!!!What a cutie the video reminds me how difficult it was to use the swifter when they were young pups!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Little clip of Kaiju from today, she is so full of herself and already showing great possession!

Also got a nice stack of Rou today, unfortunately the background is not great. (It was a spur of the moment picture).

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rou got to do several firsts lately and earned two new fun titles. : )

She tried out dock jumping and really enjoyed it! She's not a big jumper (I think her best was around 9'8) but she had a lot of fun and got super into it! She earned her United Novice Jumper title.

She also tried out weight pulling for the first time and she really blew me away! She ended up pulling 880lbs and earned all 3 legs for her United Weight Pull title. I just love how much heart she has, she puts all of herself into everything she does. :) We also did some conformation while we were there but she didn't place.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rougarou passed her Protection Dog 1 title (w/ Honors) with 95/100 in protection and 91/100 in obedience. I'm super proud of this girl! We did not prep like we should have due to the fires and other craziness, so I went into this with low expectations. But she pulled through for me!

And on a fun note! Kaiju decided to get involved in a little protection fun, she was just out for desensitization/exposure but decided to jump right in! I don't typically allow this stuff since it can create bad habits and skips over foundations, but I decided to let it happen just for this once.

·
Super Moderator
7,095 Posts
Excellent!Congratulations!

Reactions: Cschmidt88

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kaiju is growing like a weed!

And I'm also excited to announce that I picked up a new addition this week, I'm hoping she will be a successful part of my program. She is only staying with me for a short period of time though, because I want to be able to focus on Kaiju and not spread myself thin between the two of them, I am going to have a very good friend of mine raise her and do her foundations. But I will still post updates on her. : )

Hustle vom Haus Tyson "Akira"
Sire: V Red Bull ze Stribrneho kamene IPO3 FPR1 KKL
Dam: V Gita Zde-Sko IPO3 KKL

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Kaiju is growing like a weed!

And I'm also excited to announce that I picked up a new addition this week, I'm hoping she will be a successful part of my program. She is only staying with me for a short period of time though, because I want to be able to focus on Kaiju and not spread myself thin between the two of them, I am going to have a very good friend of mine raise her and do her foundations. But I will still post updates on her. : )

Hustle vom Haus Tyson "Akira"
Sire: V Red Bull ze Stribrneho kamene IPO3 FPR1 KKL
Dam: V Gita Zde-Sko IPO3 KKL

Whyd you choose this puppy? What did you like about the pedigree and this particular puppy?

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Super pups! Congratulations!

Reactions: Cschmidt88

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whyd you choose this puppy? What did you like about the pedigree and this particular puppy?

I've been follow Red Bull's dam line back since Paris, and when they bred her to my favorite male (Drago Eqidius) I naturally followed the daughter from that pairing (Ivory). I really loved Red Bull when I came across him, I contacted his owner/handler to get more information on his temperament and really liked all that she had to say about him. It fit what I look for in a dog, working ability is of course very important but I also want a dog who is solid off the field. Stable and trustworthy in public settings, settles readily, etc.

Now the dam's lines are lines I'm less familiar with. I've heard a lot of great things about Javir and his progeny but I haven't had much hands on with them. I've also liked what I've seen from Amigo and Randy's program/lines in general. I feel that her goals/vision for the breed is similar to mine, so I felt confident in trusting her to be honest about pairings and if they'd fit my needs. Gita is also just a really nice female, I met her in person before deciding on the litter.

Super pups! Congratulations!

Thank you so much! ^_^

1 - 18 of 18 Posts