German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took forever with the bulldozer in the house. By the 10 day mark the cone was held together with duct tape:). She had chewed the tabs off inside and she use it to toss and catch her ball outside, Yes she was to be calm, but at 9 days wearing it she was just full of energy.

The vet visit was interesting. The vet took the cone off (she always wore is as she would instantly lick the incision ). Emma sat back, Barked, then jumped up and gave him kisses. This is a far cry from the first visit where she growled and nipped.

Getting the stitches out was a battle. I picked her up and put her on her side on the table, and kept a Zukes at her nose to nibble on while doc worked. What a wiggle worm she was. It was tough to hold her. Once done she was one happy puppy. Vet siad the incesion was perfect. You could hardly see where it was.

Once home she did the Zomies around the yard for a good 10 minutes and was back to tug and ball fetch whiten minutes too.

I did notice her licking the next day, and found one last stitch to be taken out. It was hidden as the knot had rolled . Now me holding her and trying to cut it was a real challenge. I really had to work with her to let me put her on her side and get to it without her struggling. She finally was calm for two seconds, just long enough for a quick snip and tug. It was funny as I looked at her and said "was that so bad" I swear she mumbled something back as she is so vocal. When the vet did it, it was the tugs she hated. She let me know she was happier it was out (face wash), and got her Zuke as a reward.

Now to take the time to continue on her outdoor training. She seems to have forgotten the come command, however she now walks well - the EZ Walk Harness has made a huge difference on the pulling.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awww, I'm glad she's all healed up and ready to romp again :D

I remember when Delgado finally healed enough from his neuter to play, two weeks of constantly being crated, on leash, or being told to slow down. When I first took him out to play he looked at me and at the toy like "REALLY? I can play? Are you sure?" and then went absolutely bonkers!!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Yahoo :happyboogie:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts