German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance that The Cafe could be moved higher up on the board? It's one of the areas I go to most frequently and now it's kinda stuck on at the bottom like an afterthought.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I kind of agree
would be nice if it could be moved up

·
Super Moderator
32,107 Posts
I prefer to go to the Active Topics list too.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Originally Posted By: VinnieIt's a GSD board. Aren't the GSD and Dog related topics more important?
yup!

with it being moved to the bottom and having to scroll all the way down, some folks may discover areas of the board they've either never seen or have forgotten about.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Isn't Elsie the smart one!

Hey, 3 out of 3 moderators only go to the Active Topics when they check in! So that's including me too. There are topics I never get into...

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course it's a GSD board. But the reason I enjoy this board so much isn't just because of the GSD subjects, but also because of the community. I wouldn't come here if it weren't for the community as a whole.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Wait.. there's a cafe? We have a cafe? Is there cake? Earl Grey tea? Is everybody there but me?? I just use the 'active topics' thingy. I didn't know we had a cafe!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Historian, this is a community and that's why we have the chat section and other places that people can post stuff that's not dog or GSD related.................

Just that our MAIN emphais is GSD/dog, so now the site reflects that in a bit clearer and more organized manner. While still allowing general postings.

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Originally Posted By: BrightelfWait.. there's a cafe? We have a cafe? Is there cake? Earl Grey tea? Is everybody there but me?? I just use the 'active topics' thingy. I didn't know we had a cafe!
Yes but it's new (as of today) so maybe you haven't noticed it yet. But if you post to topics in the "chat room" you are in the cafe at that time. Sure there's coffee, tea and treats. Along with many great conversations, jokes and games. Everyday topics that are non-GSD or Dog related are now in The Cafe.

·
Super Moderator
32,107 Posts
I hate cucumbers, make mine a scone please.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I liked it up at the top of the board too.

I'll survive though.

Or maybe I just got use to it being there and you know how old people hate change.

·
Registered
929 Posts
i prefer it at the top too - it's the first section i go to when i come here, but then again, i can make that my hot link for when i come here, so that's what i'll do

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Quote: OMG - I love cucumber sandwiches.

I think it's a good idea. It's not like the chatroom is no longer there, it just helps bring into focus other areas that sometimes get overlooked. I run across interesting threads all the time that I didn't even know existed because they weren't in the areas I moderate or frequent.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally Posted By: VinnieIt's a GSD board. Aren't the GSD and Dog related topics more important?
I agree
It seems like the Chat room was getting outta control lately. Sure it is entertaining to check out once in a while, but I come to this forum for GSD stuff...that being said...mmm could the Senior section get moved up a bit? Yes I totally admit that I am biased when it comes to seniors

But they deserve a little extra attention..yes?

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I know that it is only human to have preferences and everyone wants their favorite topic near the top, but it just isn't possible.

Senior dog belongs in the health forum. It seems that if people are having health problems with their dogs, they have no trouble finding the health section.

Val

1 - 20 of 37 Posts