German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Eska von den Roten Vorbergen
My male shepherd, who was also my hearing ear dog, had a very strong bond with me. As it was getting dusky on Canada day, I was outside pulling weeds. I was bent over at the waist with my legs spread. When the fireworks started to go off, Ranger came and lay down between my feet! He didn't freak out with fireworks, but he wasn't crazy about them either, and wanted to be close to me. 馃グ

Registered
Pike
I spend most of my time with my GSD at my side. It is the small things that I love. Mouthing my fingers as we walk along. Nudging my leg with his snout. Leaning into me when I stop and look around. Coming up between my legs from behind. Licking my ear. Putting a paw on my foot. Or, just like the photo, lying next to your foot. It is those little things that remind me all day long how lucky I am.
Dog Carnivore Comfort Fawn Dog breed

Registered
One thing I love about GSD is that they are very feely touchy, always when lying next to you they have their paw on you.
Our boys have always had their paws on our feet, or touching us somehow.

Ill never forget when I had a knee op, my partner dropped me home and got me comfortable then when out to get my pain killers. My last boy was not allowed on the bed and they know this. When my partner left my boy jumped up on the bed, I was too out of it to complain and then he lyed down next to me and put his head on my leg and just stayed there looking after me until my partner got home.
GSD's are the best!!!!

Registered
Zeppelin is interesting, he definitely appreciates his space but when he wants to be close it is very special. He reminds me of a teenager who wants space but then is still a little kid at heart wanting attention and love.

He snuck upstairs today while I was working (no dogs allowed upstairs) and I heard him sniffing at my door while I was on a call. When I finished I opened the door to his sheepish face, 鈥渙h hey mum鈥. Brought him in and he promptly laid down like 鈥渕aybe if I鈥檓 quiet, she won鈥檛 kick me out!鈥
Dog breed Carnivore Felidae Dog Wood

Dog Carnivore Flooring Door Comfort

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zeppelin is interesting, he definitely appreciates his space but when he wants to be close it is very special. He reminds me of a teenager who wants space but then is still a little kid at heart wanting attention and love.

He snuck upstairs today while I was working (no dogs allowed upstairs) and I heard him sniffing at my door while I was on a call. When I finished I opened the door to his sheepish face, 鈥渙h hey mum鈥. Brought him in and he promptly laid down like 鈥渕aybe if I鈥檓 quiet, she won鈥檛 kick me out!鈥
View attachment 592063
View attachment 592064
Sorry, mom just couldn't help myself. Great picture.

Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat

View attachment 592063
View attachment 592064
鈥渕aybe if I don鈥檛 move she won鈥檛 tell me to get off the couch鈥
Dog Comfort Carnivore Dog breed Wood

Registered

View attachment 592064
And the side eye says Zeppy knows!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts