German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry but i am sick of hearing so many people that think scientific research and google research is the same thing.

having a parvo outbreak here and get so many "experts" refusuing to vacc cos you know vaccinations are just a big government conspiracy to achieve......god only knows what?

same people don't vacc their kids.

sure there are side effects with vaccs statistically and yes some organisims WILL die as a result of vaccs and yes some vets/docs uncritically promote over-vaccination, and yes there is a profit motive to sell vaccs - vaccine research and production is not publicly funded DUH....none of which is a conspiracy just unfortunate facts.

if yr child or pet is healthy and you don't vacc it's NOT proof that vaccs are a con, it means that those that do vacc has lowered the risk of your child or pet being infected while at the same time YOU have increased the risk of everyone else getting an infection mainly innocent children and pets.

new-age, psuedo-scientists lock em all up before they take us back to the dark ages.

rant off.

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
over vax is the issue, not vaxing in general. Pups should go through the vaccine series with rabies done a few weeks separate from the others...and depending on location, some vax's are not necessary. I'll go with Dr. Dodds protocols for any puppies I have, (as I am in the US) and she has researched it extensively.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey it's a rant, it doesn't have to be well thought thru so go make sense somewhere else :)

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Four of my seven dogs have had NO vaccines other than Rabies (required by law). I had Parvo go through my house about a year ago or so. Only two of my dogs were affected. One got a mild case, the other got it worse. Both were treated at home and both recovered fully.

Getting Parvo is not a death sentence. If you catch it fast and treat it correctly you can save your dogs.

Interesting note - the other two dogs in my house that had never had a vaccine did NOT catch the Parvo when my two puppies got it. I didn't separate or quarantine - everyone was together throughout the whole episode. I believe that fresh foods and limited chemicals result in stronger immune systems that can handle things better.

JMHO YMMV

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i just want to rant about medical professionals whose "continuing education" is done by drug company representatives and who cannot or will not open their minds to the fact that oftentimes the "cure" is worse than the original disease and who have forgotten that they took an oath to FIRST DO NO HARM. it is DISGRACEFUL. i have spent years, YEARS watching it and have personally experienced it too many times to even remember. i feel terrible for people who do not have medical experience and knowledge to protect themselves and their animals from the professionals they go to for help. fortunately, because of cost constraints, the western medical system as we know it is on its' way out. not fast enough, tho.

ps...to clarify...not saying never vaccinate, not saying all docs are bad docs. not saying emergency medicine is not necessary and life-saving. am saying that someday we will look back and be horrified at things like chemotherapy and cholesterol lowering drugs. and ohmygod, drugs like avandia, that they know are bad, are proven to be bad, but the diabetes drug market is a billion dollar a year industry, so they just slap a "warning" on it, settle the lawsuits for millions, and keep on keepin' on. disgusting.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just want to rant about medical professionals whose........

sure, let it all out.

you know what they call alternative medicine that is proven to work....medicine.

aspirin would be one such example.

i peacefully and respectfully disagree with about every thing you said - sick need protecting from the quacks and charlatan predators that prey on the sick and weak.

i do agree tho that a purely medicinal approach has way up there on the law of diminishing returns it is so expensive talk billions to bring a drug onto the actual market there is very little incentive to do so, conversely to bring a benign at most remedy on the market only costs you the packaging and no intellectual input other than slick marketting.

i also agree that the medicinal approach that tends to not consider the individual so much will be upgraded to a custom-made approach for that specific organism or at least the ones that can affor it and it will rely more on bio-technology than structural organic chemistry which is what most of the medicines now are based on.

this new approach will hopefully make it before the return of the dark ages some are trying to put us back to.

imo.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
When diet is wrong ~ Medicine is of no use
When diet is correct ~ Medicine is of no need

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
@gatorbytes, you betcha...nutrition is everything (which, of course, is not to say that if you're in a car accident your diet will save you, x11, lol).

@x11, i respectfully and peacefully want to bet that you've never worked in the medical field and that you're under, oh probably, 30. i'll also bet you're likely not diabetic, were prescribed avandia by a doc you put your trust in, and then had a heart attack...only to learn that the doc got his facts about the drug from the drug rep...

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
@x11, if you wanna see the future of medicine, check out the cleveland clinic and "functional medicine". alternative, holistic, integrative...all old hat now.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
nothing is black or white, but for the most part, yes. go read a book called food as medicine. of course, we're kinda screwed now with all the gmo crap-on-a-cracker...and the nutrient depletion of the world's soil.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
katiel yr right about all except the under 30, and thats the one i would have preferred you to be most right about.

now for my profile of you - do you really believe the world is a worst place because of modern medicine?????

that just seems an extremely ungrateful, and ignorant statement, you prolly have never been in a car with a steering column thru yr chest and out yr spine (i haven't been in that situation just sayin) or any number of things that were just killers less than a few generations ago - having a baby 100 years ago - big risk of a slow and painful death for the mother...just saying.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
you're not readin' my posts closely enough. emergency medicine is another thing entirely. emergency medicine is a lifesaver. western allopathic medicine is not so good at treating chronic conditions, and the cure is often worse than the disease.

funny but the under 30 was the one i had some doubts about, lol.

·
Registered
31,890 Posts
I wish we could trust the education and experience of vets and doctors.

Had I trusted doctors my mother would be dead right now though without them she would be dead too. Had my sister trusted the neonatal intensive care unit, her child would be dead now, more than once, though without them, Gwennie would be dead too.

If my puppy buyer trusted the ER vet and not called me, she would have had her spayed due to pyometra that was not pyometra, and the real problem probably would not have been found.

If my vet hadn't of revaccinated my parents seizure dog with a five way, lepto, and rabies all at once, he would not have had 3 days fo cluster seizures. My dad asked and said I didn't think it was a good idea. The vet poo-poo'd it.

My mom was bleeding and had fatigue and was going to the doctor for probably a year, and she just kept giving her more anti-depressants and paid attention to my father's ailments. She NEVER suggested a colonoscopy. My brother and I had to work on my my mother to get her and Dad to get them. The brochure in that doctor's office had a list of things all of which my mother was save hispanic, and the doctor never suggested it. By the time we got them to do the colonoscopies, the cancer had gone into the lymphnodes and my mom had to endure radiation and chemo, and more chemo, after the major surgery. She is alive today thanks to other doctors and surgeons.

My sister's baby was in the NICU. At one point she found the baby not breathing and her O2 level way down. She had to get the baby going again. That O2 can cause blindness if you have to have the baby on 100% for any time. The retinas detatch. And the baby had a bad brain bleed after the fact, two brain bleeds, and the doctors suggested twice they sign a DNR on her baby. Gwennie is two now, she dances and talks and walks and is smart. She could have listened to the doctors and she could be dead now. She could have trusted them, and she could be dead now.

These people have a lot more education and experience than my sister had, or that I have for that matter, and yet, had we trusted them to do right by our families and pets, we would be the ones grieving.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What a terrible thing to say. I want my right to not vaccinate or delay vaccines just as much as you want yours to fully vaccinate. My kids, my dogs, my choice. And if your dogs are vaccinated, my unvaccinated dogs should be no of concern to you.

My kids are not vaccinated so far (6& 10 months.) My dogs are minimally vaccinated.
And I did a lot more research than a google search. I have several books on the subject. As well as many articles written my doctors.

I am not anti vax per say, but we do need to green our vaccines. Space them out and dose them according to the child or dogs size. Not one size fits all. And not 6 viruses at once.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 316 Posts