German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Jaeger's Mom was a typical lovely black and tan GSD. His Dad was a typical White GSD. They looked completely GSD, acted GSD, and the owners said they were purebred. They were lovely dogs with great temperaments.

Jaeger is a sable GSD and has a wonderful personality and is a handsome boy, but he has THE TAIL FROM ANOTHER PLANET. Here is a picture of it while wagging . . .not as curled as it is when he is holding it still:

*** Image Removed by ADMIN due to waaayyyy too big! (1836X2448) ***

I'm not complaining. I wasn't looking for a show dog and Jaeger is a sweetheart. But do you think Mr. purebred White GSD maybe had a little spitz breed in there somewhere? :D

Here is a picture of Jaeger's other end, just so you can see how handsome he is :wub::

*** Oversized image remove by ADMIN ***

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Some GSDs can have what is known as a "gay tail". It doesn't mean he's not purebred.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The picture has been removed...but what you describe sounds like Scarlett's SUPER curly tail. Not only does she carry it up off the ground, but it's a complete circle when she is excited, and it has LONG hair. I think it's what makes people think she isn't a real GSD. ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rather like his tail . . .he's a happy, goofy guy and it fits him. I can see how it wouldn't look right on a more serious-minded working dog, but Jaeger just isn't that guy.

Scarlett is gorgeous BTW!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts