German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last saturday was Sunny's second day at the puppy training class ( he just turned 12 weeks). His classmate was a poodle puppy about 16 weeks old. The trainer wanted to teach 'leave it.' He started off with Sunny. What he did was he held a treat in his right hand and another one in his left. Sunny tried to eat the treat from the trainer's right hand but he wouldn't give it and he said 'leave it.' After about two times Sunny got the picture, he just looked up at the trainer, thats when the trainer gave sunny the treat from his left hand. So it took about three times to teach 'leave it' to Sunny. (I'm not even exaggerating, 3 times, literally). Then he went upto the other puppy and started the same process. About 40 times after him saying 'leave it.' The puppy didn't get it, he told its parents to practice it later at home and gave up...

I was feeling so proud and a little embarrassed at the same time :D.
I have practiced it about a few hundred times now and its drilled into Sunny's little (yet super smart) brain :).

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Good job Sunny! I got to admit my wife and I, although in different classes, were both competitive with others in our classes.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Smart pup!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! :) Soon I think he will be moving onto intermediate classes! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts