German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night hubby and I were watching a movie on tv. Wolfie was beside us on the floor with a bone. Suddenly we heard a bunch of crashes downstairs. It sounded like someone breaking in the house. Hubby grabbed his gun and went charging downstairs. Wolfie is going nuts and I am holding him as tight as I can. Hubby yells up "where's the dog?" I said I've got him!hubby yells up " well let him go!" -I say" no I don't want him to get hurt!" There was nobody breaking in the house . It was a big branch that fell against the door. Hubby came up and said we got the dog in part to protect us and you won't let him do his job! So I let him go after all was ok and he ran around the house and yard in protective mode. I told hubby that he could take care of himself and I didn't want my baby Wolfie to be hurt. Hubby says I am just too much of a Mom to both dogs And kids and that I should have seen myself holding this big german shepherd back while he he was going nuts trying to get the criminals LOL

·
Registered
199 Posts
OMG that is kind of funny. I know you had to be scared in the moment, but that is something that I would have done.. :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL we laughed about it for the rest of the night. I am only 5 ft 2 and I was protecting Wolfie with my body.

·
Registered
262 Posts
While we all love our GSDs like they are our own kids, I'll side with your hubby on this one. I would've walked down to the basement with the dog..not with the intent that I'll put the dog in harm's way intentionally..but if someone (or any other animal) is lurking, the dog's senses will pick up where exactly far better and much quicker than mine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Last night hubby and I were watching a movie on tv. Wolfie was beside us on the floor with a bone. Suddenly we heard a bunch of crashes downstairs. It sounded like someone breaking in the house. Hubby grabbed his gun and went charging downstairs. Wolfie is going nuts and I am holding him as tight as I can. Hubby yells up "where's the dog?" I said I've got him!hubby yells up " well let him go!" -I say" no I don't want him to get hurt!" There was nobody breaking in the house . It was a big branch that fell against the door. Hubby came up and said we got the dog in part to protect us and you won't let him do his job! So I let him go after all was ok and he ran around the house and yard in protective mode. I told hubby that he could take care of himself and I didn't want my baby Wolfie to be hurt. Hubby says I am just too much of a Mom to both dogs And kids and that I should have seen myself holding this big german shepherd back while he he was going nuts trying to get the criminals LOL

All right.. that is just funny there!! In our house, it has always been my job to find out what was going on, and the dogs to stay and watch the family, but when I am gone, the dogs have always stood up to the task..No bird/person/bug/ect could pass our house with out being put on alert. My wife would begg me to take them with me when I left.. I can not wait to see what Hunter does..

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
that is to funny,,but ya know, I'd probably have done the same darn thing, and told the hubby to take Jag, my male aussie who is HIS dog :))

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
haha my dogs stay close to me. if i move they move. your story is hilarious!!! love it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts