German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I had purchased a black & tan GSD about 1 1/2 weeks ago and in this time I've learned to already love the little guy. I have come to the conclusion that even with all 5 of us taking care of him he is just far too much work in our busy lifes and we can't handle him.

We could make room for him, but to be completely honest I don't think any of us are willing to allocate that many hours to him EVERY DAY as we have for the past week.

We love him dearly and we wish him the best, however I really couldn't have gotten through this past 2 weeks without you guys. So thank you everyone for keeping these forums alive for new german shepherd owners and even If I won't have my little zeus I will bring in a new pure bred GSD when I'm out of my parents home.

maybe not a puppy this time, something a little older (6-10 months)

If you guys think we should sell him to the breeder or just find someone on kijiji let us know what you think.

I definitely don't want him to be in bad hands, he deserves the best rest of his doggy life<3

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
32,021 Posts
Do you have a contract with the breeder to return him if you can't keep him for any reason?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a contract with the breeder to return him if you can't keep him for any reason?
I don't believe so, but I'm sure they'd be happy to re-sell him in good hands for us.

He's the last of his "generation" (unless his litter mates decides to breed) maybe they'll keep him.

·
Registered
646 Posts
6 to 10 month old is still a puppy and still lots of work...ive known some shepherds to be a handful up to age 2 or 3....maybe if you really want another dog you should adopt a older one from a rescue?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 to 10 month old is still a puppy and still lots of work...ive known some shepherds to be a handful up to age 2 or 3....maybe if you really want another dog you should adopt a older one from a rescue?
Oh, this is way down the road (4-5 years), most likely when I'm living on my own or with someone else and I'm financially stable enough to have another puppy.

:)

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
you need to contact your breeder, I would NEVER put a puppy for sale on kijji or any other board like it.

Contact the breeder and they will hopefully take the puppy back. I would chalk this up as a learning experience.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't care about the amount of money I will get in return for him and the accessories. I truly just want him to live a happy doggy life. If you guys believe that the GSD rescue is better choice than kijiji or a breeder than I'll do that.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I would try to rehome him if the breeder won't take him. At least around here rescues are pretty overrun so if he doesn't have to be rehomed immediately then I would try to rehome him myself so that the rescues can keep pulling dogs on the euth lists.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where in Ontario are you located? Do you have a contract from the breeder? If so you could read it and see whether it says they want him back if you can't keep him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts