German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to write a thank you to not only this forum but to this breed and honestly just all gsd owners in general. Most gsd owners I meet are great ppl who are great owners. Obviously there’s bad apples like anything else. But I’ve met so many great ppl through my dog or training etc

when I got my dog this forum as well as others helped me decide what I wanted. I got a great puppy from a breeder called Grunwald Haus. This puppy was awesome and my best friend as a little guy. Around 6 months he started to become a shark. My mother had just died, I was stressed out, I never owned a dog before. He was destroying stuff, I didn’t know how to reprimand him. I thought of giving him back and I think I even posted on this very forum asking for help.

After long thought I decided no, this dog loves me. How can I betray him and give him away? He would fight for me, so I will fight for him. I started being more firm, started training, tried new ways of exercise, and slowly but surely it worked!
He is now almost 2 and is my absolute best friend. We have a bond that I can tell what he’s thinking or what he wants. I definitely want more German Shepherds. I want to keep learning and someday become a breeder. A responsible breeder who can give something back to this breed. But throughout my time with my dog and I’m sure the rest of his life I like knowing that there’s others out there with these same experiences with their German Shepherd. And I think that’s what makes this breed really great!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Kudos to you (y)......as a member here for years there have been far to many stories where the OP feels it's just too hard...to stressful....so overwhelmed.. and then the only person the dog has ever known quits and walks away.... and the dog ends up re-homed or in a rescue....it's in this breeds DNA they won't quit on you and they WILL die for you.....Thank you for following up with a happy ending !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Support the good thinking and firm mental setting of you. We love to see a litter in the future that your dogs have made that are healthy puppies. I also never met a bad gsd owner till now most are proud of their dog(s).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts