German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to apologize to all the trainers who have worked the stand command with me. In the back of my mind I always thought "when will I ever use this? Boring!" Well yesterday I was able to give a bath to all three dogs in less than 30 min with no hassles at all using the Stand - Stay command. The next time we practice this command I will have a whole new attitude and appreciation for the lesson.

Kavai, Beya and Rocco, Bathed, Fluffed and Folded!:grin2:

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Awesome! Summer's scheduled for her blue kiddie pool bath tomorrow and we'll be testing the stay command too lol. I only hope it works as well as it did for you x3! Good job x 3.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
6,296 Posts
Excellent!It's a useful command when your checking to make sure all of the burrs are out too!Looking good pups!

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
It's a lot more useful than that thing they do with mat, GO TO YOUR PLACE, is for me. I use the Stand command at the vet's office. I NEVER use the GO TO YOUR PLACE or MAT command.

Of course the dogs are half-human. If I want Babsy to go to the study and lay on her easy chair, I tell her to go to the study and she knows what it means, and I never taught her to do that. She just knows it. I never put treats on the easy chair. She knows, Go to My Bed, and Go to My Car too. Every time I get in a class and they tell us to do that mat thing, I get all frustrated, because I don't want to. I think it is a waste of time, and I could be spending this time doing something in class that I might USE in the ring.

Ah well.

Glad you found a good use for the stand. I bathed Lassie on Saturday, and well, if I had to bathe 3 of her on Saturday, I might have thrown in the towel. LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts