German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turns out it wasn't mites, it was a yeast infection. I got meds to drop into his ear 1x/day for 10 days. Glad I didn't wait - Dr. said it wasn't too far along yet.

On a happy note, the Dr. said Kodee looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Aww - Kodee will feeling much better soon. Glad you got to the bottom of it. And that your vet recognizes that your baby is gorgeous!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Not to be gross, but if their ears get infected (have this problem with Rocky) you can actually smell the infection. (We are so used to it, we can normally catch it before it starts bothering him.)

He is a georgous boy!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, that's not gross at all. I could sort of smell it, but dog's ear wax stinks to me too. I used to work for a vet, so believe me, I KNOW gross...ears ain't nothin'.

The interesting thing about it is, it's NOT the ear that's got the foam glued in it. Kind of ironic...the vet said that ear was clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Glad to hear it's under control!!

Heidi has had an ear infection, and our lab mix has had several...
maybe the drop ears makes her more prone to it? - Not sure...
Then again, Heidi's ears are both up.... I dunno....

The meds do wonders though!!
Especially if it's caught early on!

Hugs to Kodee!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think drop ears are more prone to infection because they don't get any air circulation. The worst ears are poodle and cocker ears. Prick ears are more likely to get water and debris inside though since there isn't much to protect the canal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts