German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some personal COVID related advice.

I live in Texas and my dad lives in Tennessee. My Dad has been staying with us for an extended amount of time. We picked him up at the beginning of March (when the virus started to spread widely). He is really wanting to get back home to check on his place, his mail, apply for jobs, etc. He's being quite insistent on going back.

He would like for me to drive him back this weekend. The drive is 10 hours. We will only be stopping for gas and bathroom breaks. We will be traveling through Texas, Arkansas, then Tennessee. I will be, of course, traveling back the same way.

I am struggling with knowing what to do, and what is best both for him, me, and others we might be around. Will we get pulled over? Fined? Should I insist he wait this out with us in Texas? I would advise him (and I would do the same) to stay quarantined when I get back for 14 days. Is that the right thing to do?

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
31,348 Posts
What jobs does he think he will apply for? I believe TN is shut down?

I urge him to wait. Have the PO forward his mail, ask a trusted neighbor to check his place.

I don't think there is a right or wrong thing in this crazy world right now with the exception of not staying home and severely limiting contact with others. And the CDC is telling people these next two weeks is especially not the time to be out. My understanding of it is, It's expected that the peak of the illness is hitting which means you have a higher chance of being infected because more people will be symptomatic.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I hate to say this, but it's a little selfish of him to have to put you through this. I would put my foot down if I were you. Tell him to put his big boy pants on and suck it up and stick it out until the travel restrictions have been lifted. Finding a job, checking on the house, mail.....these are not essential things right now. Staying alive, not catching or spreading the virus and doing his part...these are the important things. We're all antsy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts