German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH and I are talking about camping this summer with Benny and Jake and I am thinking about buying a tent for fathers day.
Can anyone recommend a good tent for two people and two large dogs
One that is easy to put up too

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not sure how it would work with dogs, but this tent: Coleman 8man Instant Tent, has large doors, and the tent fabric is twice as thick as a normal tent.

As well once you learn how to do it, its a less than 1 minute set up (Closer to 3-4 I think the first time you do it)

My brother camps in this all the time, I'm 5'11" and my dad is 6'0" we both stand easiler in this tent so there is no "Hunching"

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Are you backpacking or car camping? Would make a huge difference in selection.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions! Going to check them out right now! We will be camping at the beach and in the mountains, but niot back packing. We have everything else. just need a tent

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I used to camp and backpack a lot and had terrible luck with newer tents leaking, ripping, just not made to a good standard anymore without having to pay a fortune. I instead bought a large used/older Eureka tent, patched two little tears, and it has worked well so far. It's easy to put up. DH and I can do it together in about 3 minutes (while his parents spend 45 minutes with theirs and starting to fight, hehe). I can put it up alone if I need to but it's pretty tall. My first experience tent camping with dogs will probably happen next month at a flyball tournament (rooms were almost $200/night just for a dumpy hotel!). Ours is the yellow one, it fits DH and I on a large air mattress comfortably (he's 6'4 I'm 5'7") but would probably be tight with our large dogs. Other than that we like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts