German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was bored and needed to make a new toy.

Took an old tennis ball and drilled a hole in it. Got some left over rope and fed it through, putting a knot in the end.

His favorite toy now :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
The glue on tennis balls are bad for your dog's teeth. It wears down the enamel.
What ? Really ? Never heard of that one ! Is this like over a life time, cause tennis balls have always been my dogs fav. :(

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The glue on tennis balls are bad for your dog's teeth. It wears down the enamel.
Not all tennis balls! They have Kong ones and others that say "Safe glue for dogs. Will not wear down enamel. Thank goodness they have those because it is also Molly's favorite toy (that last only 2-3 days lol)!

·
5,627 Posts
Not all tennis balls! They have Kong ones and others that say "Safe glue for dogs. Will not wear down enamel. Thank goodness they have those because it is also Molly's favorite toy (that last only 2-3 days lol)!
I could argue that the balls made for dogs aren't actually tennis balls.

I'm aware of the kong balls that look like tennis balls but would prefer to spend my money on something a little more durable. And bigger to prevent accidental swallowing.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Plus Kong has a size that's one step up from tennis ball size. And they squeak! Shasta loves her squeaky balls!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Orbee makes a ball with a rope through it that is soft and safe for dogs. Plus it's really strong - Tanner tugs on it all the time and it's still holding tough! Good improv. though!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
What ? Really ? Never heard of that one ! Is this like over a life time, cause tennis balls have always been my dogs fav. :(
Yep. Check this link out:
TENNIS BALLS ARE BAD FOR TEETH!

And I recently went to a vet that specialized in canine dental. He confirmed that "tennis ball teeth," a common phrase, is quite prevalent and tennis balls really are quite damaging to dog's teeth.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I like the Planet Dog balls a lot.

Ronja got a pink and blue Orbee with a rope from her Secret Santa this year, which is made by Planet Dog, but she had the continents off that one within the first twenty minutes, so I wrote the company and they sent me one of the Diamond Plate balls (it's what they're called) instead and that one is really nice. Also love that they smell like peppermint. :D

All of the Planet Dog balls have two holes in them so you can always add a rope. I have a glow-in-the-dark ChuckIt ball, which is the same size as the Planet Dog balls, that I put a rope through for training and I love that thing. It's great. And safe for dog teeth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts